There has been a lot of excitement about the release of the new Samsung S10. However, a lot of the old iPhone users have been wondering how to transfer data from iPhone to Samsung S10 quickly without suffering data loss.
As you might be aware, it’s usually pretty difficult to transfer data from iOS devices to Android devices. They are designed as such to lock users into their respective ecosystems.
However, it is not impossible to perform a Samsung data transfer from an old iPhone. In this article, we’ll show you how to transfer data from iPhone to Samsung S10 quickly and without any data loss.
Part 1: Transfer Data from iPhone to Samsung using dr.fone – Switch
dr.fone – Switch is a reliable platform with which to transfer data from iPhone to Samsung. This software has been developed by Wondershare, one of the world’s leading technological enterprises and it has millions of loyal users around the world so you know it’s completely reliable.
The dr.fone – Switch solution only takes about 5 minutes to carry out. It also doesn’t lead to any data loss. However, you will need to have simultaneous access to both your old iPhone and your new Samsung S10.
dr.fone – Switch
1-Click Process to transfer data from iPhone to Samsung S10
- Transfer all your contacts, music, pictures, etc from iPhone to Samsung S10.
- Can transfer data from an iPhone to any Android phones, including Samsung S10.
- Completely compatible with all major providers like AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile.
- Compatible with all Windows and Mac OS versions.
- Compatible with all Android and iOS versions.
How to transfer data from iPhone to Samsung using dr.fone – Switch
- Download and Launch: Download, install, and launch dr.fone – Switch in your computer. From the primary interface, select the ‘Switch’ option.
- Connection: Connect your iPhone and your Samsung S10 phone to the computer using separate data cables. Make sure the iPhone is the source phone on the left and the Samsung S10 is the destination phone on the right. You can use the ‘Flip’ button to interchange their positions.
- Selection: Select the types of files you want to transfer from iPhone to Samsung S10 and click on ‘Start Transfer’.
- Transfer: You’ll be able to see the progress of the transfer. Once the transfer is complete, you’ll get a ‘Success’ message.
If you follow these simple steps, you’ll successfully be able to transfer data from iPhone to Samsung S10 without suffering any data loss.
Part 2: Transfer Data from iPhone to Samsung using Smart Switch
The official method to transfer data from iPhone to Samsung is using a software called Samsung Smart Switch. In this part of the article, we’ll show you how to transfer data from iPhone to Samsung using Smart Switch via a number of routes.
#1 How to Transfer data from iPhone to Samsung by Restoring from iCloud
- In your iPhone, go to Settings > iCloud > Backup > Back Up Now.
- In your Samsung S10, open the ‘Smart Switch’ app and click on ‘WIRELESS’.
- Click on Receive > iOS.
- Enter your Apple ID and Password and then click on ‘Sign In’.
- Choose the file types you want to transfer from iPhone to Samsung S10 and click on ‘Import’.
- Choose any other files you want to transfer and click on ‘Import’ again.
Note: This method will only work to restore files that are available in your iCloud backup.
#2 How to Transfer data from iPhone to Samsung by Restoring from iTunes Backup
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and backup all your data to your iTunes. You need to have enough space on your computer to do this.
- Install Smart Switch in your computer and restart.
- Connect your Smart Switch to your computer and launch Smart Switch. Click on ‘Restore’.
- Click on ‘Restore Now’ to transfer all your saved iTunes backup files to your Samsung S10.
#3 How to Transfer data from iPhone to Samsung Directly
- Download and install Smart Switch on your iPhone and Samsung S10 and then choose the ‘USB CABLE’ option.
- Connect your iPhone to the Samsung S10 by connecting its USB cable to Samsung’s USB-OTG adapter.
- Tap on ‘Trust’ in your iPhone and ‘Next’ in your Samsung S10.
- Select the files you want to transfer from iPhone to Samsung S10 and click on ‘Transfer’.
Drawbacks of using Smart Switch to Transfer Data from iPhone to Samsung
- Samsung Smart Switch has the tendency to keep crashing and closing.
- Samsung Smart Switch is only compatible with devices running Android 4.0+ operating systems.
- There’s a possibility of data loss with Smart Switch.
- Very often, your devices might not be detected even if they’re connected properly.
- You might receive an “Insufficient Storage Available” message.
I hope this article has helped you figure out how to transfer data from iPhone to Samsung S10 quickly and without data loss.
touch screen computer–stock image