Are you a digital marketer, blogger, or webmaster? Then, definitely, you are interested in knowing the behavior of the visitors to your website or blog. In tracking your visitor’s behavior, these heatmap tools and plugins will help you. Now, one question will surely pop up in your mind – How?
To find its answer read on.
In this blog, we will shed light on what exactly heatmap tools are, what good they actually do, and the top 10 heatmap tools that you must use for your WordPress website. So, first, let us start with what heatmap is.
What is Heatmap?
A heatmap is a 2-dimension visual representation metric of the recorded clicks of the visible area of the webpage. In simple words, a heatmap highlights the areas of a website that gets the maximum number of clicks. It helps you in knowing where your users are clicking.
What Good Does a Heatmap Do?
- These heatmaps are tremendously beneficial in your content marketing strategy. It helps you in determining the areas of your webpage which get the maximum number of clicks.
- The number of clicks is perhaps, a direct measure of the user’s attention. These heatmaps help you in showing you the areas of your website where your users are really concentrating.
- When you use a Heatmap, the areas with a higher number of clicks will get highlighted in red color, and the areas with a lower number of clicks will get highlighted in yellow, followed by green and blue.
How Does a Heatmap Work?
It’s a good question. We are glad that you have asked for it. Read on to get its answer.
Of course, no one wants that.
For that, you can use a Heatmap tracking service which reduces the server’s load. The data will get recorded in the service’s database, not on your server. So, your users and visitors can enjoy a fast loading site.
So, without further ado, let’s get started with the best Heatmap tools that you can use for your WordPress site.
Top 10 Heatmap Tools
Featuring first on the list is Crazy Egg. This tool is one of the most powerful tools for tracking mouse clicks on your webpage. It is developed by Hiten Shah and Neil Patel. This tool not only helps you in showing where your visitors are clicking on your website but also helps you in finding the best position for your form fields, widgets, and CTAs. Let us check out a few features of it.
- Click data Heatmap
- It offers scroll-map tracking
- This tool can track multiple domains within one account.
- It has the capability to distinguish click based on referral sources such as organic, direct traffic, and so on.
- This tool is easy to install and setup on your WordPress website.
- This tool claims to offer 88% tracking accuracy as compared to other tracking tests.
This tool’s all plans are free for 30 days and this tool’s pricing starts from $9/month.
Coming up next on the list is Mouseflow. It is one of the popular heatmap tracker and session replay/recorder. Just like Crazy Egg, it tracks the click, scroll, and attention of your visitors. The best thing about this tool is it shows the behavior of visitors in a straightforward and easy-to-read format.
- Track funnels
- Recording of the website’s visitor’s activity
- Form analytics
- Can set custom funnels
It cost you around $19/month for 1,000 recorded sessions limited to 1 website. It also has a free plan but it is limited to 100 recorded sessions for a single website.
Up next on the list is Lucky Orange. It is not that popular like Crazy Egg but still, it is used by 100,000+ websites which makes it a reliable alternative. This tool’s dashboard is great which lets you know exactly how many people are on your website right now and how they have found you.
- Shows how people read & interact with your website
- Real-time analytics, visitor’s polls, visitor’s recording, form analytics, and sales/support chat.
- You can chat with a particular visitor from the admin dashboard.
This tool’s pricing starts from $10/month for 25,000 page views on a single site.
Another great Heatmap tool is Inspectlet. It offers a very powerful session recording and heatmap tracking services including clicks, cursor, and scrolling. This tool is trusted by more than 25,000 high-profile companies incorporating the New York Times, WordPress, Cisco, eBay, and Salesforce.
- Session recording and form analytics
- Conversion funnel analytics
- You can capture a video of what the visitors are doing on your web pages.
Its starting price is $39 per month for 5000 recorded sessions limited to 1 website. They also have a free plan limited to 100 recorded sessions for a single website.
- Real-time analytics
- Asynchronous loading
It offers a free plan limited to 5 web pages on 1 website. Their paid plans start from $100 per month for unlimited pages on a single website.
The next on the list is Hotjar. It is a modern, versatile, and one of the most powerful Heatmap tools. It comes with an analytics and conversion optimization tool. Let us check out some of its extraordinary features.
- Its features can be divided into 2 major areas. Behavior and Feedback
- Hotjar offers various types of heatmaps, recording, and conversion funnel to track the behavior of the visitors and their interaction with your website.
- It also offers diverse types of polls and surveys to track the visitor’s behavior.
- Hotjar’s dashboard is user-friendly.
- It works well with all the popular platforms such as WordPress, Joomla, Shopify, Magneto, Wix, and many more.
Hotjar’s basic plan is free for 1 site with 2000 page views/day. Its plus plan starts with $29 per month with 10,000 page views per day.
Up next on the list is Clicktale. It is an enterprise-level mouse-tracking software. This tool is mostly used by big brands that want to get in-depth Heatmap analysis. This tool offers Heatmap, session recording, conversion analytics, and advanced analytics.
- This tool provides session playback, data-rich heatmaps analysis, conversion funnels, and form analytics.
- It offers easy integration with other analytics tools that you are using like Google Analytics, Optimizely, Google Tag Manager.
You have to call their sales team if you are planning to purchase a higher plan.
Conversion tracking Another Heatmap analytics service provider on the list is Clicky. It has 695,000+ subscribers. This tool collects data on a per-page basis and also for specific user session.
- Using it, you can monitor goals with alerts for individual user activities.
- Video tracking service using API for third party service.
Its basic plan starts at $14.99 for the pro plus plan.
Featuring next on the list is Ptengine. This tool offers click, scroll, conversion tracking, and attention heatmaps. It also offers A/B testing between two heatmaps.
Its heatmap component supports 6 features.
- Click Heatmap
- Scroll Reach Map
- Heatmaps Comparison & Segments
- Attention Heatmap
- Page Analysis
- Multi-Device Monitoring
Besides heatmaps, it offers
- Group Analytics
- Realtime analytics
- Event monitoring
- Multiple-device and multiple domain monitoring
- Powerful filtering
- Campaign monitoring
Its plus plan starts at $39 per month tracking 50,000 pageviews across 20 domains.
Last but not least on the list is SessionCam. This tool helps you track user activities on your website incorporating where they moved their mouse cursor, which forms they filled in, and any errors they generated.
- Session replay. Using this feature you can select a specific user from the tracking reports and watch a playback of their journey on your website.
It offers a free plan that consists of all features and using it you can record up to 500 pages every month.
To Put It All Together
In a nutshell, the heatmap is one of the must-know things for every content marketer and aspiring entrepreneurs. It will help you in understanding your customer better. By using these tools, you will be able to track visitor’s interactional behavior with your website. Using this heatmap data of visitor’s clicks, cursors, and scroll movements a webmaster can easily optimize websites.
So, if you are searching for the best heatmap tools, give the above-listed heatmap tools a try. It will help you to track records for your website.
If you like this article, do share it across social media channels and keep sharing the good word.
We will get back to it very soon.
Man working on his laptop -DepositPhotos