Getting the opportunity to study in the UK can bring tons of growth potential and developmental opportunities in a person’s life. However, there is one tiny little catch here, getting into a credible university and getting the paperwork ready can be agitating.
One mess up in the student visa application or documentation process and you will find yourself getting stripped off of your opportunity to visit the United Kingdom and study there.
What’s more, this process should be easy and convenient to follow, however, with the huge amount of information available on the internet, it can quickly get extremely overwhelming and confusing.
There are even newer rules introduced for the years 2021-2022 related to student visas for the UK.
Read on below to get a complete overview of the entire process and some important things that you should keep in mind. Before you know it, you will be looking for a storage unit in the UK on the Storage Outlet.
Getting the application process right is the most crucial element to cover when trying out for a UK student visa. Whether it is a set of rules from 2020 or 2021, the fact remains that getting this process wrong can lead you to sticky waters.
Check out all the universities that fit your requirements. Only when that is done, you can move on to the visa process.
There is a lot of confusion on the internet about who needs a visa to study in the UK and who doesn’t. Fortunately for you, we have summed it all up in an easy manner.
- Anyone who plans on arriving in the United Kingdom after 1st January 2021 will need a visa to get into the country.
- Those who get into the country before 31st December 2020 might not need a visa.
- Those who have already started studying before 31st December 2020 and want to continue studying even after 1st January, will have to get a settlement scheme. All individuals have to note that one must apply for this scheme for 30th June 2021.
- Students belonging from non-EEA or non-EU areas will need to get a visa, there will be two different types of visas for such individuals which includes either a short-term study visa or the general student visa. The latter is also known as a Tier 4 student visa.
Short Term Study Visa
If you are visiting the UK for the first time then you must be updated on all the latest policies. A short-term study visa will be available for students for around 6 or 11 months. These are the preferred options for students who are going to take part in research for a program or are taking up a short course.
General Student Visa
The general student visa or Tier 4 is for all those who are looking for a longer visa. This is perfect for all those individuals who are enrolling in any university to complete a master’s, bachelors, or Ph.D. degree. There is no specific time period for this visa and can vary depending upon the length of the degree.
Rules for International Students and Graduates
In the new rules published after 1st January 2021, there are some guidelines that international students and graduates have to follow.
- First off, people must have been offered a spot on any course before they apply.
- Secondly, such students also need to be able to write, speak, read and understand the English language.
- Lastly, all those who apply for a visa should have enough financial resources in their bank accounts that they can pay for their expenses while in the UK and for their tuition fees as well.
Where to Stay and the Details that Follow
Once you have managed to sort out the entire visa application and approval process, and you have your desired university sorted as well, the next question that arises is about the place you plan on staying.
Moving to a whole different country is already quite an intimidating process. Make sure that you find an affordable and livable place. After all, this is the location where you will be sleeping at night so make sure that it is safe and comfortable to live in.
Thinking about where all your belongings would go once you finally move? Or, are you annoyed at the idea of having to haul all your belongings from home all by yourself? No worries. STORED, a leading and reliable storage service provider in the UK can help you in that area.
Experts from STORED or The-Storage-Outlet have tons of offers that students can avail themselves. Being aware of the fact that students are looking for reliability and affordability, STORED provides storage services that are pocket-friendly and safe.
Important Points to Keep in Mind
- When applying for the visa, make sure that you have all the required documents ready.
- Avoid putting off applying for a visa till the last minute. These processes are known to be time-consuming so make sure you finish them as early as possible.
- Sort out your residential state before you move to the country. It is wise to go with the flow and move immediately if you don’t have a proper place to stay. Students can check out their programs to see if dorm rooms are available or not.
- Keep in mind that dorm rooms do not have the space to hold all the belongings that you bring from home. Try to stay ahead of the storage dilemma by signing up for student deals offered by STORED or The Storage Outlet.
- While picking storage outlets, carry out your fair share of research to ensure that you are getting the most cost-effective deal. A lot of service providers like STORED offer student deals, make sure to avail them in order to lessen your financial burden.
And there you have it! The visa application process can be a breeze if you are prepared. Make sure to brush up on the new rules stated above and you will be good to go.