The nature of
Especially for local business, you need a strong and reliable SEO strategy in place. It will help them to gain high-intent qualified leads and improves targeting. Also, it can help local businesses stay relevant amongst the competition and compete with big brands.
Clearly, you need effective and actionable tactics for local
Do you own a local business? Are you struggling to secure a top ranking in search engine results? If so, then here are four actionable and practical strategies to improve the local ranking of your website.
1. Optimize Your Google My Business Page
Optimizing your Google My Business (GMB) page is one of the most crucial and practical tactics to improve your local
When you leverage your GMB page, it will help you put your local business on Google maps. So, it’s essential that you list your local business on GMB.
This will help your target audience locate your business quickly and easily. It can also result in an improvement in the search rankings of your local business.
Here’s a list of easy yet effective tips and tricks to optimize your GBM page.
- Always add the location, hours of operation, contact details, relevant images, and logo of your local business. You can also add the payment methods you accept and the type of services or products you offer.
- Never leave any information incomplete. Always make sure that you provide complete, reliable, and up-to-date information about your business. If you change your business logo or add a new payment type, make sure to update it in GMB listing immediately.
- People trust people. So, you need to motivate your customers to give you genuine online ratings and feedback. Additionally, you need to ensure that you react to the feedback and ratings quickly.
2. Built a Mobile-Responsive Website
With the easy accessibility and availability of high-speed internet, the popularity and use of mobile devices are increasing tremendously. This is why the number of searches on mobile is also growing.
Did you know, in 2019, the number of mobile users is expected to surpass 4.68 billion? Also, in 2018, 52.2% of all website traffic was generated by mobile devices.
Having said that, the percentage of mobile generated website traffic is only expected to increase in the coming years.
These stats clearly indicate the importance of having a mobile-responsive website for your local business.
Once you create a mobile-responsive website, it will help enhance your target audience’s experience. It will also help you stay ahead of your competitors and improve your local
However, if you are struggling to create a mobile-responsive website, then all you need to do is follow these tips and tricks.
- The first thing you need to do is optimize your visuals, such as images and videos. Optimizing visuals will help you decrease your page load time.
- Another way to build a mobile-responsive website is to create a simple and easy navigation layout for your website. Simple navigation will encourage your target audience to visit your website more often.
- You also need to examine the page load speed of your web pages. If your website is slow, then you need to work on it to improve the speed. The faster the page loading speed, the easier it will be to get the attention of your target visitors.
- Additionally, you need to add social media sharing buttons on your product pages and/or blog posts. You need to make sure that it’s quick and easy to share your posts if they want to share it with their networks.
Are you wondering how to analyze whether or not your website is mobile-friendly? There’s a tool from Google, the Mobile-Friendly Test, which can help you test your website’s responsiveness.
This tool can give you insights based on which you can build a mobile-responsive website for your local business.
3. Optimize Website Content for Local Keywords
Your objective is to improve your local search rankings. So, you cannot afford to ignore the importance of local keywords in your website content. Usually, local keywords are the ones that are relatable and appropriate to your local target audience.
So, how will you identify local keywords?
You can use Google’s Keyword Planner and use the location filter to identify the best performing, locally relevant keywords for your website. Once you have the list of relevant local keywords, all you need to do is include them in your website content.
Other than website content, you can also include them in your website’s URLs, meta descriptions, and titles. However, just a word of caution – don’t overuse them. When you overstuff your content with keywords, it can look spammy.
So, make sure to add the keywords naturally and distribute them evenly throughout your content. This will not only help you optimize your website content for local keywords but also help you improve your ranking in the search engines.
4. Strengthen Your Social Media Presence
The popularity and usage of social media are increasing. Also, your brand’s presence on social media can impact your rankings in the search engine. If this confuses you, don’t worry, we’ll discuss this in detail.
It’s crucial to establish a strong presence on social media. It can help your brand build more credibility and win the trust of your target audience. Besides this, you can also generate high-quality organic traffic and backlinks from social media to your website.
All you need to do is to promote your local business on social media platforms actively. This can help you increase your brand’s reach and awareness. As a result, it can help you get the attention of your target audience and get them to notice your brand, products, or services.
One way to make sure that you get the attention of your target audience is to post relevant, authentic, and valuable content.
This will increase the chances of your target audience following your brand on social media and they may even visit your website. Your target audience may even like to share your content with their networks as well.
Hence, when done correctly, it can help you increase your brand’s visibility and drive high-quality traffic to your website. Additionally, it can help you strengthen your local
When done correctly, the tactics mentioned above can help you improve the rankings of your local business in search engine results. Please check below to master the art of local SEO and secure top rankings for your local business.