Working from home can be a blessing and a curse. While many people enjoy the additional freedom and lack of commute, remote work can also create new challenges. One such obstacle to productivity is finding the right tools to support working from home. In an office, you have easy access to others and can work on paper much more easily. When you are working remotely, you need to turn to PDF.
The Portable Document Format is one of the best file types for working from home. It allows you to easily share your documents with embedded formatting, meaning they will look the same no matter who opens them on what device. This can be very helpful for a lot of business communication needs.
If you are working from home or expect to in the future, finding a great PDF tool is a good idea. The good news is that you can create and edit PDFs online without downloading any software by using an app like PDFSimpli.
Reasons To Use PDF While Working From Home
There are plenty of ways to ways to use PDF files. In many cases, it is the best file format for working from home. These are a few examples of situations when you may want to use a PDF:
- Sharing Files for Review: If you want to send a file to be reviewed by someone else, such as a legal agreement, PDF is a great option. It can be easily viewed without the risk of accidental editing. Additionally, the format supports comments well. These features help make PDF perfect for document review.
- Ensuring Correct Formatting: When sharing any type of file that needs to be displayed consistently across screens, PDF should be the top choice. For example, if you create some marketing collateral for your business, a PDF is a good way to distribute or share it. It will always look the same no matter what device and reader are used.
- Sending Files for Signatures: PDFs can be electronically signed. Many PDF readers and editors will let people sign their documents. There is no need to print and scan or mail the document. That means getting signatures more quickly and with no need to meet in person.
- Creating a Portfolio: Many people use PDFs to create portfolios or other long-form documents for sharing. Do you need to show off some of your work to prospective new clients? Do you want to create a product brochure? PDF is great for these purposes. It can be a powerful tool to help you grow your business while working from home.
When you work from home, you need to rely on the internet more to communicate and collaborate. In the above circumstances and others, using PDF can make working with your team remotely easier. There are so many ways to leverage PDFs in the professional world. Give it a try and see how much more you can get done.
Create and Modify PDF Files
Using PDF while working from home is a great way to get more done. To make full use of it, you will need a powerful PDF tool to:
- Convert Files to PDF: Have an existing Word document you want to share for review? Quickly convert it to PDF before sending it. This works with Excel, PowerPoint, image file formats and more.
- Convert PDF to Other Formats: If you’ve received a PDF and want to convert it to another file type, a PDF editor tool can help with that too.
- Sign PDFs: if you have an agreement you need to sign, you can use a tool to quickly sign and share the document. You can also fill out PDF forms that you need to complete.
- Merge and Split Documents: Combine several PDFs into a single file or split a larger file into individual pages. This is great for managing your PDF file portfolio.
- Edit PDFs: Open a PDF in the editor view to make changes, add text and images, watermark and more. You don’t even need to download any software to get started on PDF editing.
Many PDF editor tools offer all the above functionality and more online and for free. It is easy to use and works on any device with a browser, even on mobile.
work from home -DepositPhotos