iPhone is one of the world’s most premium and most liked phones, and we can imagine its popularity by looking at the queues of those people who want to buy its first edition at the time of releasing. For some people, iPhone has a way of telling their standard, and for some, it has become emotional and in such a case if you lose it or someone stole it, it would be very painful. But don’t worry Apple has also solved this out. And the solution is a feature called “Find My iPhone”. Although Find My iPhone feature will not always be able to help you find your iPhone but most of the time it works and whenever it fails to find the phone, it will help you to secure your data.
Find My iPhone tool is a very handy tool, it not only helps you find your iPhone but also your other iOs devices. But it is important to setup it before losing your phones or other devices. This iOS feature needs to be enabled in advance so that you can track your device easily when needed. So let’s learn together how to enable Find My iPhone feature…
How To Enable Find My iPhone Feature
To turn on Find My iPhone Feature, you just need to follow these easy steps…
- Open your iPhone settings and click on your apple id.
- After that click on i-Cloud.
- Now scroll down and Tap on “Find My iPhone” and then turn on the feature by sliding the Toggle.
That’s all now you can use this feature and if you use this apple id to other devices like your apple smartwatch and other devices, it will automatically enable for those also.
How To Use Find My iPhone Feature
Now we know how to enable this feature but it is also important to know how can we use it. So there are two ways to use Find my iPhone feature, the first one is using it via a direct web browser and the second one is using this feature via App, both are quite similar. So here we are going to learn about both but separately, so we are going to start from Web Browser Option first.
How To Use Find My iPhone Feature Via Web Browser
So you have to follow few steps to using Find my iPhone feature via the web browser.
- Open any of your browsers and Visit iCloud.com
- Once you open the iCloud.com, it will ask for login so login there with your iCloud id and password (which one linked in your lost device).
- Now you will see lots of option there and one of them is “Find iPhone”, so find that option and click on it.
- And remember one thing, If you enabled more than one device with apple id, so select the “All Device” option from the top of the screen and then select the device which you want to track.
- After selecting your device, the process will start tracking your device. And when it finds your device, it automatically zooming the map and shows you the location of your lost device by using a green dot.
- And after showing you the location of your device the Find my iPhone feature shows you the battery percentage of your lost device and also give you three option. The First option is Play Sound, the second one is Lost Mode and the third one is Erase.
- So after getting the options, you can choose one of them based on your situation. And before choosing one or before facing that situation, let’s know about these options first.
This option will only help you when the device is nearby you because when you click on this it will play a sound on your mobile or whatever device which you are finding. And if your device is not nearby this option becomes useless.
This is the second and very useful option, so when you lost your mobile and you are not sure that you will get back it, so that time you can lock your phone by selecting this “Lost Mode” option. It will lock your device with a passcode, so nobody can use or access your device and personal data. I know how you’re thinking that what kind of passcode it will use, so don’t worry, the password will not be set automatically, you have to set it, so if you are already using a passcode for your device that passcode will be set automatically and if you have not already set a passcode so in that condition it will ask you to set up a passcode to lock your device. You can also write a message on the lock screen so if anyone finds your device can contact you.
This is the last option, so when you are absolutely sure that you will not get your phone back again, that is the correct time to use this option. With the help of this option, you can delete all your phone’s data. And for that, you have to click on “Erase” option and then it will ask for confirmation so check the confirmation box. So that option will not help you to get back your device but it helps you to save your data from others. And if your data is important to you, you can download all your data from your Apple Account Storage.
So this the process of using Find my iPhone feature via web browser now turn to the other of using Find my iPhone feature.
How To Use Find My iPhone Feature Via App
Using Find my iPhone feature via the app is almost similar to using it via the web browser but for understanding it, let’s take a short introduction of its process. So here a few steps which you have to follow for using Find my iPhone feature via the app…
- Download the Find my iPhone App in any other iPhone.
- Sign In on the app via using your iCloud id and password.
- Now it will show you all the devices linked with Your id, so select the right one which you want to find.
- Once you track your device, click on Actions option, then you will find all the options which we mention above, Play Sound, Lost Mode and Erase. So select one of them as per the situation.
So this is the process of using Find my iPhone feature via the application. As we mentioned above that most of the part of this process is similar to the web browser way. So now we know how to enable this feature and how to use this feature and maybe some of us already know about this process, but they are failing to implement it and they want to know the reason why they failed? So let’s know together about the situation where Find my iPhone feature not works…
Why I Am Fail To Locate My iPhone
There are three major reasons behind you can not track your phone and Find My iPhone feature is not working…
Your Device Is Switched Off
So if your device is switched off it’s become impossible to track your device with Find My iPhone feature because you can not get the network and location from a dead device.
Your Internet Connection Is Off
This is another reason why you can’t track your device, so if the internet connection of your device is off or if it is on airplane mode, you can’t find its location.
Location Service Is Off
So if your device is On and it has a proper internet connection and still you can’t track it so the other major reason is the location service, if the location services are disabled on your device, you can’t track it.
So if you are stuck in any such problem then you can choose another option which is “Notify Me”. And after clicking on this option whenever your phone will be switched on or connected to the internet, you will get a notification as well as you can select that what you want to do after that, play sound, lost mode or erase.