Sometimes, you download pictures online and see logos or marks on them which can be distracting or easily reveal the download source. These items are watermarks on the photo which can distract your audience from getting the message you want the picture to pass across. Hence, you will have to remove watermark from photo to leave only the required image behind. Photos downloaded from some websites also bear watermarks to indicate their sources.
Part 1. How to Remove Watermark from Photo on Windows/Mac (Two Methods)
There is more than one way to remove logos from photos on Windows/Mac. We have listed two major ways of removing watermarks from the photos below. You should try any of them if you have what is required to make them work.
- Remove Logo from Photo via a Watermark Remover
A watermark remover software allows users to use some set of tools to locate and remove watermarks and logos in a given photo. The tools highlight the watermark and either remove them instantly or allow users to modify the highlighted portions of the image for better results.
Why Recommend HitPaw Watermark Remover?
- HitPaw Watermark Remover offers three different ways of removing watermarks and logos from photos.
- New users can try the HitPaw Watermark Remover for free before paying for a pricing plan.
- The software removes watermarks excellently without any need for other software.
- Customer service is always available to help users when they experience any challenges while using the software.
How to Delete Watermark from Photo?
Step 1: Download and install the HitPaw Watermark Remover software on Windows/Mac.
Step 2: Launch the software and choose Remove Watermark from Photo option.
Step 3: Upload the photo that bears the watermark and use the selection tools to highlight the watermark area you want to remove.
Step 4: Click Remove Watermark to affect your preferences.
- Remove Watermark from Image Via a Photo Editor
Most photo editors come with the watermark remover tool. HitPaw Toolkit is a comprehensive video editor software that contains some basic tools for photo editing. You don’t need to be a veteran photo editor to use the HitPaw Toolkit. One way to get rid of watermarks from photos is to use the HitPaw Toolkit Photo Editor crop feature.
Why Recommend HitPaw Toolkit?
- It contains the crop feature that can remove watermarks from photos without leaving any trace. And it is a free tool now.
- It has a lot of video editing features such as convert video or audio to any format, cut videos, crop videos, merge videos, etc.
- Except for above features, it also can help you create your own memes.
How to Delete Watermark from Photo?
Step 1: Purchase a license and download the HitPaw toolkit via this link. Install and launch the HitPaw toolkit.
Step 2: Select Photo Editor on the Home menu and upload the photo bearing the watermark. You can also drag and drop the photo on the workstation.
Step 3: Use the Crop tool to crop out the watermarked area, and leave your photo free of watermarks. If you have made any mistakes, click Reset to return to the previous action.
NB: This method is effective if the watermark is not blending with the image. Use this method when the watermark is above, beneath, or beside the image.
Part 2. Remove Watermark from Picture Online Free (Two Methods)
Many online tools use artificial intelligence (A.I) to detect and take watermarks off photos. Some online tools do not allow users to select which watermark to remove while some others allow users to select watermark areas by themselves.
- Get Rid of Watermark from Picture Via Online Watermark Remover
InPaint Online Watermark Remover is one of the most popular online photo editing tools. Inpaint can do most things a photo editor software can do. It doesn’t require any download. With a good internet connection and an appropriate device, you can remove watermarks from photos using this great online tool.
Why Recommend Inpaint?
- It has robust photo editor tool options
- It is free to use and can take up to 10MB image size
- Inpaint can also be used to enhance the quality of the edited photos.
How to Remove Watermark from Picture?
Step 1: Visit www.theinpaint.com. Drag and drop, or click the file icon to locate the photo you want to upload. Wait for the photo to upload.
Step 2: Use your mouse or touchscreen to pick the marker tool so you can highlight the watermark areas.
Step 3: Click “Erase” to get rid of the watermark. Download the edited photo to your device.
- Take Watermark Off Photo via an Online Photo Editor
Pixlr is another popular online photo editor you can use to remove watermarks from photos. Pixlr allows users to edit photos, resize them and change their formats. Photos edited on Pixlr can also be shared on the Pixlr community or to the user’s social media platforms.
Why Recommend Pixlr?
- It is free to use and comes with lots of video editing tools.
- It comes with a simple user interface. Even new users can quickly learn how to use the tools to edit photos
- The website is mobile-friendly so users can use smartphones to edit photos on the go.
How to Remove Watermark from Picture Using Crop?
Step 1: Go to Pixlr online photo editor on https://pixlr.com/editor. Choose the type of device and upload the watermarked photo.
Step 2: Click Reform > Crop and use the tool to cut out the watermark.
Step 3: Click Save on the top of the page to download the edited photo.
NB: This method is best for watermarks that do not blend with the photo. Use this method to remove watermarks that appear at the top or bottom of the photo. If the watermark blends with some parts of the photo, use the Retouch method instead.
How to Remove Watermark from Picture Using Retouch?
Step 1: Visit https://pixlr.com/editor/ on your browser to use Pixlr online photo editor.
Step 2: Select your type of device and upload the watermarked photo. Select the photo from your device folder, after clicking the Upload menu.
Step 3: Click Retouch from under the photo and Clone Stamp. This should remove the watermark. If you are using a mobile device, click Retouch > Heal to mask the watermark with the background color.
Step 4: Click Save on the top of the page to download the edited photo.
We have tried various ways to remove watermark from photos and have discovered the best tools to use. The HitPaw Watermark Remover is one of the best and you can try it here or choose any of the others introduced above.