The competition in the entire healthcare market concerning medical apps is quite intense, and there are quite a few opportunities for healthcare IT solutions for hospitals since not every hospital provides an app to its patients. However, demand for hospital apps is increasing multi-fold. Most of the patients like to use mobile apps to interact with their hospitals. But only a few of them frequently use these apps. It is owing to the fact that custom hospital apps don’t actually live up to the patients’ or doctors’ expectations and lack necessary features and functionalities.
Another reason is poor and unfriendly user experience. Most of the hospitals’ apps aren’t actually high-quality and fail to provide the users what they require the most. Also, patients and doctors prefer to utilize apps that are made by third-party app development companies instead of hospitals as they better reflect their own requirements and needs.
Also, doctor app solutions aren’t the best possible solution since the one-size-fits-all approach often fails to work for hospitals. Everyone has their own rules, level of technical ability, scale, and internal processes that need their own customized solutions. Hence, the notion of developing a custom mobile app will certainly pay off as it will certainly fit the requirements exactly as it should actually do.
Most of the hospital apps can’t even withstand the competition, and only a small section of them provide three best features that patients want, which are access to medical records, the ability to request refills of prescription, and the ability to schedule, change as well as cancel appointments.
Here we discuss what the best strategy to create or pick a healthcare app for doctors is.
Types of Healthcare Apps
There are different types of apps that doctors or hospitals commonly use or develop.
1) General Hospital apps often provide general information regarding the hospital, departments, doctors, and services. These apps often offer virtual 3D tours in order to guide potential as well as actual clients through the entire hospital. Such apps work great for big hospitals, which have lots of departments as well as different buildings. These apps can be more advanced as well as contain more information regarding the doctors and even the services. They can provide users with an opportunity to leave the reviews, too, making it easier for the patients to choose a particular doctor.
2) Physician referral apps allow the doctors or physicians to retrieve and receive information about the patients, check their different schedules and appointment, and even connect to different other doctors as well as departments in order to quickly and also effectively exchange information. Such apps help in diagnosis as they allow doctors to have all the lab results and charts in front of them. The primary and crucial goal of these apps is to increase the overall effectiveness of every physician. Rather the looking for lab results or even getting patients to bring them from one particular department to another, the doctor can just check the app and get all of the information. Also, the referral apps need to be quite secure since they can store as well as transmit sensitive information regarding the patients.
3) Wayfinding apps provide indoor maps to assist patients in navigating the hospital and easily finding the departments as well as doctors. These apps can easily be a part of the general hospital app as well as a standalone app. In case it is harder to orient on the entire hospital territory, the app can be quite useful for patients.
4) Outpatient apps are utilized to exchange lab results, manage treatment plans, and track current states of health of the patients. These apps offer remote monitoring of patients with the assistance of on-demand telemedicine as well as wearables to track not only the heart rate but also the other physical indicators and then send the data to the doctors. Data accuracy and security is quite essential for such apps. On demand doctor app development needs to consider this aspect.
5) Wellness apps actually allow the patients to easily manage their own health with the assistance of tracker devices, plan schedules for exercise, and receive healthy lifestyle tips. One can even find pregnancy as well as childcare apps that have pregnancy trackers and offer information about childbirth and care. These apps should be compatible with different types of tracking devices like wrist bands and smartwatches.
6) Medication tracking apps utilize notifications in order to remind the patients when to take their own medications, meals, and doses. Such apps should be quite customizable. Also, they can consist of a database of medications as well as store recommendations for medication intakes. These apps can easily be controlled by doctors such that a doctor can easily add recommendations and even tell when to stop a particular medication course at any instant.
7) Doctor appointment apps are for creating a doctor’s appointment via the app. Such an app reduces the handwritten work, as well as makes the process much more convenient. Doctor appointment app development makes it easier to develop such an app.
Medical reference apps consist of official reference guides as well as offer quick access to different reference materials that help physicians during their work. Such apps can easily be beneficial for interns and medical students. They can include schedules of conferences, qualification courses, and training.
The strategy to choose a healthcare app depends on the type of app required. Each type of app contains various features, but to create a healthcare app, it is advisable to develop a robust all-in-one app. It allows you to compete with different third-party medical and healthcare apps. Also, such as an app, will be quite valuable for the doctors and hospitals, along with more convenient for the patients. Even the patients who face a lot of choices when it comes down to applications, often don’t like to load their smartphones with different apps. Hence your all-in-one app will be much more successful in case it covers any particular issue a doctor or patient has.
doctor using tablet -DepositPhotos