The arrival of e-commerce has taken the world by storm. But, not all of them are successful enough.
Ever wondered why?
One of the most basic reasons behind the success of an e-commerce site lies in the structure and design of the website. Since we all know that online store has transformed the way people used to shop before and believe it or not, the future lies in this digital mode of business.
But as simple as it is to discuss the details, creating and accomplishing a user-friendly design requires a lot of thinking, analyzing and researching on the part of the owner.
So, here are some of the helpful tips and trends that can add glamour to your website and keep it popular among your customers.
1- Make shopping interactive
Still, images are a matter of past. Now the customer wants to have a 3600 view of the product with every detail clearly represented. Hence the introduction of animations, videos, and GIF, that can help shoppers to closely navigate their products with a simple swap or tap. Cinemagraphs are also the latest addition that is getting applied on the website these days. They are the images with small repeating animations.
Few hints to be employed
- Use the animation on the cart. It’s a creative way to prompt the user to add products on the cart.
- Product pages could also be given some animation depicting its color options or features. This effect will allow the users to see different preferences from the product page itself.
2- Deploy the concept of Minimalism
Minimalism is a concept of using few elements to present a great design. The main objective is to offer a user-friendly interface with visible Call-To-Action sources.
How to apply this concept to your e-commerce site?
The designing on an e-commerce website involves the right placement of details so that users can have an easy reach at real-time.
- The cart should be placed at the top of the page for easy access.
- The search option should be boldly displayed to make any quick search.
- The product should be given parallel to the image.
- The “Buy Now” or “Add To Cart” button should be clearly visible.
3- Create amazing product layouts
A product’s layout has a lot of impact on its sales. Specifically, the card-like layout has gained a lot of interest among the creators. Many e-commerce sites and social media platform-Instagram use such a design. Pinterest, another social platform uses a masonry layout to depict the pictures.
It might seem to be a pretty straightforward issue but there are a lot of things to consider when designing a product layout.
- Present fewer but effective choice to your customers. Decide the categories and subcategories you want to display.
- Be sure about the price and show the “best selling products” to encourage them to look for more options.
- Promote your products on the homepage. The one with the best offers and latest entree could be displayed for better engagement.
4- Prioritize your responsive design
Nowadays 80% of internet users are partial to their smartphones when it comes to browsing on the go. Thus, it is important for an e-commerce business to have a mobile-friendly design for their website.
A mobile-friendly design doesn’t mean a Mobile App. It’s the adjustment of the official website as per the device where it is opened. And no customer is interested in downloading the mobile app before checking the website and researching the products. So, it is essential for you to give a fantastic website experience to your user so they are tempted enough to download your app.
5- Create a charming product view
The ‘click and open’ process of viewing the process is longer in existence. Now creators are more into innovating the View these days through hover or a popup. The customers can simply hover over the picture and can get a quick look at the price and description. Utilizing this feature, the company follows an all-round view for the product to be displayed from all angles.
This effect has been very impactful for businesses as the customers didn’t have to move on to the next page and can make a quick choice from the product page.
Keep the following things in mind while preparing the product view
- Use high-quality images only. The blurry and fuzzy pictures are not at all likable. This could be done with the help of a decent camera.
- Every image should be of similar size. Uneven image sizes look chaotic, hence try to keep the size uniform.
- Try to give 3600 views of your product for better detailing. You could give a definite structure to your description that will interest them in reading that.
- Make sure your product variations of color are depicted on one page for easy navigation.
6- Include chatbots if you could
Sprinkle a bit more excitement in your website with chatbots. Chatbots are basically built to answer the customer queries regarding purchase including them would give a personalized experience to your shoppers.
Several big brands like H&M, eBay, Burberry are using this technology to closely interact with their customers and providing them real-time assistance as an extension of their better customer service.
The chatbots are on the path of evolution and making it a part of your business would tot up more value to your site and as a result, would attract new users.
7- Colour Composition
In the end, it’s all about the right combination of hues that can get your customers mesmerized. Designers have some favorite composition of their own. Sometimes it is black and white and sometimes it’s a palette of bold colors.
Monochromatic websites are no longer in existence. It’s those eye-catchy ones who succeed in garnering sales.
Here are some of the colorful ideas you can add to your site:
- If yours is a website for infants and children, then choosing bright colors would be fruitful.
- Choose a bit of brassy shade to depict your vintage collection.
- If you have a particular product color then keep it as the main theme of your website.
Website designs have seen and will always heed a lot many trends for the years to come. So, keeping up with that trend would give your business the rightful edge. Try out a wonderful design, refresh your website and observe the change in your conversions.