There are many different types of PDF editors on the market, and deciding which is right for you can be challenging.
This article will discuss the best free PDF editors available in 2022.
Let’s compare and contrast the features of each editor so that you can make an informed decision about which one is best for your needs.
What Are the Best Free PDF Editors in the World?
- PDF Candy
- Apple Preview PDF Editor
- Sejda PDF Editor
- Foxit PDF Editor
- Nitro PDF Productivity
- Lumin PDF for G Suite
One of the best things about free pdf editors is that they are often very user-friendly, and people who have never used a pdf editor before can quickly start editing their documents.
When using a pdf editor, ensure you have access to all the latest features. Each free PDF editor has excellent features, so check them out and find the one that best fits your needs!
UPDF has all the features you need and more!
With this free PDF editor, you can edit your PDFs like never before and masterfully manipulate every detail in your files.
UPDF is an user-friendly PDF editor that can go with you anywhere and allows you to view, annotate, edit, convert, and organize PDFs from one handy app across various platforms.
Let’s take a quick look at some of the features UPDF provides:
- Users can read PDF documents in multiple modes, displaying a PDF as a slideshow and opening multiple PDFs in different tabs.
- Annotate and comment on PDF documents.
- Edit the text on a document quickly.
- Edit, crop, extract, and rotate images on a document.
- Organize pages in PDFs.
- Easily add, delete, and edit words in documents
- Gain better control over your PDF layout
- Highlight, underline, and strike out certain parts of a PDF file
- Create more complex documents
- View and navigate from page to page with ease
- Limited features: The current version of UPDF lacks some features. However, this is planned for the coming days
In a nutshell
UPDF is a free, inventive, and helpful PDF editor for Windows, Mac, IOS, and Android with no time or file size restrictions.
This free online PDF editor is one of the best on the market and allows users to maximize efficiency in document workflow with high-quality PDF conversion across multiple formats.
With this powerful tool, you can easily edit your PDF files. You can also merge, split, compress, and convert your PDFs in one go!
PDF Candy simplifies and streamlines online PDF editing and converting while packing in plenty of extra tools you didn’t know you needed until now.
With PDF Candy, you can convert unlimited files on your PC; any size file is supported!
What’s more, the user interface of PDF Candy is easy to use, even for beginners.
Here are a few of the tools:
- As easy as using a word processor.
- It packs an incredible 29 PDF conversion tools.
- Offers top-shelf scanning.
- It allows converting various popular file formats to PDF and vice versa.
- OCR (Optical Character Recognition)
- Advanced online features
- Extremely easy to use
- Any size file is supported
- Batch processing
- Secure site and program
- One-task-per-hour limit on the free version
- The desktop app is Windows only
In a nutshell
PDF Candy is an easy-to-use PDF editor with everything you need to edit your PDFs.
PDF Candy also has a desktop app for Windows users to edit their PDFs offline, making it one of the best on the market.
The service is delightfully simple to use, but as with most free PDF editors, an upgrade is needed to unlock its full potential. If you’re unfazed by the one-task-per-hour limit, PDF Candy is ideal.
Apple Preview PDF Editor
Mac owners don’t have to look far for a free PDF editor! It comes pre-installed on Mac devices and offers a full slate of tools for working with all your documents.
From easy photo editing tools to annotating various documents, Apple Preview has many options for users.
Apple Preview has a vast toolbox of PDF capabilities, including the following:
- Allows you to combine PDFs and reorder, add, and delete pages.
- Make free-hand drawings and insert sticky notes.
- Integrates with Apple’s iCloud.
- Add text and shapes or redact content.
- Capture your signatures by using your trackpad, camera, or iPhone.
- Complete set of PDF markup tools
- Supports form filling
- PDFs can be protected with passwords, encryption, and permission controls
- Photo edit like a pro
- Cool editing and markup tools
- Mac only
- Cannot edit text
- No desktop version
In a nutshell
Apple Preview offers Mac users a capable, full-featured PDF editor that can handle the most common business and personal use cases. Preview is easy to use and has a clean interface, making it an excellent choice for casual users.
Unfortunately, you must be a Mac user to take advantage of them.
Sejda PDF Editor
Sejda PDF Editor prioritizes function over flair. The interface is basically a list of categorized tasks, including helpful step-by-step instructions to make editing your documents a breeze!
Sejda is free to use for personal and commercial purposes, but there are some limitations.
If you’re looking for a powerful and versatile PDF editor that won’t cost you a penny, Sejda may be the tool for you!
A few of the features include the following:
- OCR capable.
- Online and desktop versions available.
- HTML to PDF conversion.
- Convert and merge pictures easily.
- Files are automatically deleted after 2 hours.
- User-friendly design
- Correctly edit texts
- Convert between various other document formats and PDF
- Intuitive design
- Online and desktop versions are available
- No updates on the lifetime license
- Large PDFs with many pages cannot be processed
- Free to use up to three times a day
- Limited font options
- The program can be slow to run
- Inadequate customer service
In a nutshell
Sejda is capable of dozens of everyday PDF tasks and holds its own against paid PDF tools but is limited to three free uses a day.
While it’s a great PDF editor, the lifetime license is a little misleading since no updates are included.
Overall, Sejda is an easy, pleasant, and productive PDF editor with a decent range of editing tools.
Foxit PDF Editor
Manipulate PDFs in style with this great multi-platform PDF editor!
Foxit PDF Editor is one of the best free PDF editors out there. It offers a lot of features and is very easy to use.
Foxit is excellent for individuals or businesses who regularly manipulate, edit, redact, and alter PDFs.
Foxit pdf editor is a great choice for anyone who needs a good pdf editor!
Here are but a few of the features offered:
- The program can embed large multimedia files quickly.
- Offers powerful security features.
- Supportive service department.
- Built-in spellchecker.
- Outstanding OCR capability.
- Easy-to-use interface
- Allows users to split, add, and merge pages
- Modify and edit PDF files with ease
- Easily export PDF content
- Utilize popular cloud storage services
- Steep learning curve
- Cannot convert files into ePubs
- Software updates take a while and require a restart
- Not as feature-rich as some competitors
In a nutshell
Foxit PDF Editor has an outstanding OCR capability, a built-in spellchecker, and excellent security features and will serve well for regular editing.
Foxit PDF Editor is an easy-to-use PDF editor which allows you to view and annotate PDF files on Android devices while on the go. Despite the steep learning curve and software hiccups, Foxit PDF Editor works intuitively and innovatively.
Nitro PDF Productivity
Nitro PDF Productivity delivers integrated and flexible document workflow and automation solutions across your business and personal needs.
Nitro boosts your efficiency from document creation to digital signatures and storage while saving you time and money. And with its best-in-class features and intuitive interface, Nitro’s PDF editor makes working with PDFs easy and pleasant.
Its easy file conversion and flexible document workflow will meet your editing needs and more.
Key features include the following:
- Easy one-click file conversion application.
- Simple to integrate with additional platforms.
- Digital and e-signature are available.
- It gives you the ability to “whiteout” portions of documents
- Easy to combine multiple PDFs
- Add signatures easily
- Create PDFs from scratch
- Offers a vast range of annotation tools
- It doesn’t work well with unique characters
- OCR scanning needs improvement
- Limited font database
- The program can be slow to load and use
In a nutshell
Nitro PDF Productivity allows users to create, edit, sign, and share PDFs on preferred devices, including Mac, iPhone, Ipad, or desktop.
Despite limited fonts and OCR scanning ability, it works well and will keep you editing without skipping a beat!
Nitro PDF Productivity is an excellent tool for those who need to edit PDFs frequently. The easy one-click file conversion and simple integration with other platforms make it an ideal choice for anyone looking for a reliable PDF editor.
Smallpdf offers a suite of document management tools for everyone-for work, home, and life. Smallpdf has all the tools you’ll need to start, manage, and finish your work with digital documents.
Smallpdf PDF Editor is characterized by many PDF-related tools that comprehensively guide users in editing and converting their files.
Simply put, the software is perfect for the everyday user.
Several key features include:
- Use of the software without downloading and installing.
- Dropbox integration.
- Unlimited document size.
- eSignature is capable.
- Cross-platform supported.
- Easy to convert PDFs
- Simple to use
- Google Drive integration
- Fast processing speed
- Industry-standard security
- Pretty limited in functionality compared to the desktop version
- Tools are challenging to navigate between
- No OCR supported
In a nutshell
Smallpdf has good, intuitive integration tools but can be limited in functionality. The program is best for the average user who doesn’t need comprehensive editing capabilities but needs an easy-to-use PDF editor.
Smallpdf is best known for its easy-to-use PDF tools that make it a simple task to convert, merge and compress PDF files.
However, the software needs to improve when compared to the desktop version.
Lumin PDF for G Suite
Lumin is cloud-based pdf editing & document workflow software that offers seamless integration into various formats and boasts a range of intuitive digital tools.
Lumin’s best feature is its G Suite integration, allowing users to create, edit, and collaborate on PDFs directly from their Gmail account.
Lumin PDF Editor is an excellent option for those needing a powerful and easy-to-use tool to edit their PDF files.
Let’s take a look at some essential features:
- Create a seamless eSignature workflow.
- Edit raw pdf text directly within your documents.
- Sync with the Google tools you use.
- Intuitive interface that’s easy to use.
- Comment, tag & collaborate with your team from anywhere
- Access a wide range of digital tools
- Access a variety of advanced pdf features
- Edit files online with ease
- Cloud storage
- Limited offer of fonts
- Can’t combine existing PDFs with others
- The app can be challenging to use
- Google connection drops are common
In a nutshell
Lumin PDF is best known for its advanced digital tools and seamless Google integration. The software makes it easy to comment, tag, and collaborate with your team on PDF documents.
If you’re familiar with Google’s tools, Lumin will feel like second nature, and it offers a great selection of features for those who need to edit their PDFs.
However, the app can be difficult to use and has connection issues and limited fonts.
Lumin is best for users who need a comprehensive tool that integrates seamlessly with their G Suite account.
What is a PDF Converter?
A pdf converter is software that allows users to convert files from one format to another.
A PDF converter works as a translator, taking the information in a PDF and making it understandable to another program by digitally transforming the contents into another form.
A good PDF converter is a free, reliable, safe, powerful, and user-friendly program.
5 TOP Reasons why people convert to PDF:
- PDF files are mobile-friendly and lightweight
- Word Docs can’t keep their formatting, whereas PDF files can
- PDF files occupy a small amount of memory compared to other file formats.
- PDF files are more secure as you can protect them with the help of a password or encryption.
- The structure is ubiquitous across all platforms.
What Features Should You Look for in a PDF Converter?
What should you look for when you need an option for converting files? Equipping yourself with the tools to work effectively with all files is essential.
The best PDF converter should be free of charge, have no hidden fees, and offer a wide range of options and functions.
The program must be available on all platforms!
The right software should fulfill several criteria:
- Quick to learn and easy to use.
- Feature-rich, with support for as many file format conversions as possible.
- Versatile, providing options for both creating and editing PDFs, not only converting them.
Another feature to look for is the ability to convert multiple file formats into PDFs. This is important because it means you can convert files from different programs into one easily shared and stored format.
Finally, the converter must be affordable and reliable, so you can count on it to work when you need it most.
When searching for a PDF converter, look for various customization options to get the best results!
Whichever best free pdf editor you choose in 2022, be sure to read the reviews and compare features to find the best fit for your needs. And don’t forget to take advantage of any free trials or money-back guarantees to make sure you’re happy with your purchase. Research is key to a good choice!