Running a blog is an amazing way to bring more traffic to your website and improve your business. According to online business stats, small businesses with blogs get 126% more lead growth, and websites with blog content have 434% more search engine-indexed webpages.
The internet is already filled with blogs, as there are currently over 152 million blogs online. If you really want to make your blog stand out from the crowd, you need to impress your readers. One of the best ways to do this is by including amazing and eye-catching visual content.
There are many different types of visual content that can make your blog more appealing to readers, and we will list some of them below.
Images are the most common type of visual content and no blog post is complete without them. There are many different types of images you can use, but if you really want your blog to stand out, you need to know where to find great images.
As for which types of images you should use, here are some examples.
- Data-driven images. If you want to share any type of data with your readers, you can do that with data-driven images such as graphs and charts. Presenting data only through text can be boring, but if you visualize it with eye-catching charts and graphs, more people will be interested in that data.
- Infographics. This is a great way to create an easy-to-read visual representation of important information that’s very shareable. An infographic is a very popular type of image with readers and articles featuring them receive 72% more views than articles without them.
- Stock images. If you don’t have the budget to create your own images or want to include more images than you already have, you can find free stock images online.
- Hand-drawn images and illustrations. While these images are hard to create, if you’re talented enough or hire an illustrator for help, hand-drawn content can make your blog much more unique and interesting.
To make sure all of your images are high-quality, try using Canva to edit them. Canva is one of the best content marketing tools around, used and trusted by a number of brands.
Another important thing you need to keep in mind is that the images you use need to be relevant and related to the post content. Images are there to catch the reader’s attention, and if you include an image that interests them but has nothing to do with an article, you will lose a lot of readers.
People have shorter attention spans now than just a few years ago because we have a lot of content readily-available without having to put in too much effort. Because of this, a lot of people just skim blog posts rather than read them thoroughly, so you need something that will keep them on your page longer.
On average, people spend 2.6 times more time on pages with videos. Videos are a great tool that can help increase engagement on your blog and keep audiences entertained with an interesting type of visual content. Additionally, they’re great for
Some types of videos you can incorporate into your blog posts include:
- Video tutorials. A large majority of people are visual learners, so it’s not enough to write an article that aims to explain how to do something or use a certain product. Make sure to include a video tutorial as well to appeal to more people.
- “About us” videos. Most companies have a special “About us” page. If you want to make your introduction more modern and appealing to audiences, present it in video form. Even a short clip that explains the history and story behind your brand can increase engagement.
- Video reviews. The internet is filled with video reviews that can influence millions of customers all over the world. Include already-existing reviews of your products or create ones yourself to give readers a better overview of what you’re selling.
- YouTube videos. If you’re not using your blog to sell or promote products, you can include any YouTube video in your article to provide readers with easy-to-consume content. Just make sure that the video is relevant to the rest of the content.
Videos are a great and popular type of visual content, but you can make them even better with animated text. You can use an animated text maker to create professional-looking videos with animated text that will engage your audience.
Here are some tips on how you can make the most out of the animated text:
- Don’t overwhelm your audience. The rule “less is more” certainly applies here, as viewers can easily get overwhelmed with too much text in videos. Only use this tool as a complementary instrument that provides essential information.
- Don’t use fancy fonts. While sophisticated and fancy fonts seem great in print, it’s not a smart idea to use them in videos as they’re difficult to read. Choose one or two fonts that are simple to read so your audience is able to keep up with the text.
- Don’t take the text off the screen too soon. Give your views enough time to read the text in its entirety and fully grasp it before you move on to the next scene.
- Stick to one or two animation styles. Even though you’ll be able to choose from multiple text animation styles, find one or two you like and stick with them. If you use multiple styles, viewers will find it more difficult to focus on the message you’re trying to convey.
- Have a consistent color scheme. If you decide to use decorations with your text such as highlights and frames, make sure that you’re consistent with the color scheme throughout the entire video. Use your brand colors if you have them, and experiment with other choices if you don’t.
GIFs and Memes
Internet culture is something you shouldn’t shy away from, but rather something you should embrace and use it to your advantage. Very few people actually include GIFs and memes in their blog posts. This is a mistake since audiences find them very relatable and eye-catching.
Both of these types of visuals have the following benefits:
- Showing that your brand has a human side
- Conveying emotion in a humorous way
- Indicating your business keeps up with internet trends
- Making your content more shareable on social media
Of course, you can’t include any meme you come across. First, you need to do some research about popular trends and decide which kind of GIFs and memes you want to use to represent your brand.
Nobody wants to read a boring blog post that only consists of a wall of text.
While a blog post can’t exist without text, it probably won’t have too many readers if there isn’t anything to break apart that text. Luckily, visuals are the perfect way to do that and make your blog posts more interesting.
Now that you know which types of visuals work best for blogs, it is time to create the perfect article with visuals that will attract a large audience.