Are you struggling for inspiration as to what to write about for your next business blog? It’s natural to sometimes struggle when it comes to creating great content, a position that most business bloggers find themselves in sooner or later. Here are my ten proven blog post ideas and examples to help smash your bloggers’s block.
# 1. List posts
Lists perform very well online. People love lists and It is easy to come up with ideas for great list posts. If you have to write a piece of content at short notice, like I did with this one – list can be quickly researched and written up when compared to other types of posts.
- Native, Hybrid, Mobile Enabled, Facebook. So Many Types Of Apps, But What Are They?
- 5 Easy Work Related Stress Busters
- Ten Steps To Captivating Your Audience At That Next Live Presentation
# 2. Link round up posts
This is where you pick a topic and build a useful resource post by linking out to other bloggers and their posts.
- Linking out in this way is also a great way to network
- and it encourages those bloggers mentioned to comment and share.
- Become A Better Manager: 10 Inspirational Management And Leadership Blogs
- Business Blogs! What, When, Where, Why And How?
- The Holy Grail of Online Engagement (In 15 Steps)
# 3. Review posts
Reviews are an easy way to create blog posts and you can review just about anything, including:
- Five WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) Website Builders
- Review: The Cheese Mall, Key Marketing Skills
- Book Review: Tribes By Seth Godin
# 4. Interview posts
Think about the interesting people you know and you’ll quickly realize how easy it is to create a series of blog post interviews. Not only that, you can also use interviews strategically to build relationships with customers, prospects, suppliers and key influencers within your industry.
- Blog Awards Ireland 2012: TweakYourBiz TV Finds Out Where Irish Bloggers Will Be On October 13th
- Source Consulting’s CEO, Luke Kupersmith, Explains His Success
- Accountants In The Cloud – Interview With Anne Brady Of Anne Brady McQuillans DFK
# 5. Crowdsourced posts
Social Media allow for you to easily and quickly crowdsource your posts by simply asking your network for contributions. The inclusive nature of a crowdsourced post means that your network is also more likely to comment, share and help promote – giving crowdsourced posts an edge over other types of posts.
- How To Be Irish On St Patrick’s Day. Even If You’re Not!
- What We Like And Don’t Like to See On Twitter
- 50 ways to get MORE from Linkedin
# 6. How to posts
Writing an how to post is an effective way to tap into people’s needs, while creating blog content that is proven to drive traffic to your website.
- How To Spot Prospects That Are Actually Worth Your Time And Effort
- How To Successfully Use Pinterest For B2B
- How To Increase Your Press Coverage Using Your Blog
# 7. Case study posts
What better way to create unique blog posts and promote your expertise, skills and experience, than by writing case studies about the clients and the work that you have carried out.
- Groupon Case Study: Derrynoid Centre, Draperstown Northern Ireland
- In-Depth Small Business Facebook Case Study And Strategy: Mykidstime
- Irish Tourism Fights Back! #IRLday and Shamrock Urself Case Studies
# 8. Controversial posts
Challenging the status quo is an effective way to differentiate your writing and generate interest and engagement in your blog posts.
- Be careful not to be controversial for the sake of it,
- choose a subject that you are genuinely passionate about
- and make sure to back up your opinions with research and evidence.
# 9. Pose a question posts
Remember you don’t always need to know the answer to create great blog posts. In fact, posing an important question in your writing is a great way to create interesting and engaging content.
- People love to share their opinions and experiences
- Posing an important question in your writing is a powerful way to engage readers, while creating great blog content.
- Are Social Media In Danger Of Becoming Irrelevant To Business?
- How Many Social Media Crises Will It Take Before You Prepare For Yours?
# 10. Round up the best of your blog posts
If you have been blogging for a while, you will have built up an archive of blog posts:
- You can easily use this content to create a new round up of your most popular posts
- or maybe a resource post around specific business topic.
Thank you for reading and I hope you found this article useful. If you have have any thoughts or ideas for blog posts, please share them in comments below.
Related: 10 Kick Ass Content Marketing Ideas
Did you like this article? Sign up for our RSS, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter
Image: “Colorful Block Letters/Shutterstock“