We have all heard of Salesforce, but not too many are able to grasp what it actually does, and how it does the same. Salesforce is the best CRM application in the industry, and has been built on Force.com platform.
Customer Relationship Management(CRM) is actually an procedure or say approach to build a company’s relationship along with current and also foreseeable future customers. It frequently involves using technology to set up, automate, and also synchronize income, advertising, consumer services, and also technical support.
It single-handedly manages all the customer interactions of your organization from several platforms including email inquiries, social media reviews, forums, communities, phone calls and others into a contiguous, cohesive database and is able to analyze them and streamline them to notice potentially important leads to close big deals and manage marketing, sales and support processes more efficiently.
What the SalesForce Platform Is
There is one tremendously unique thing about Salesforce. It has no limitations or prerequisites for hardware which makes Salesforce more appreciative in technical world. It is not a piece of software or a program, but a cloud-based application.
Salesforce works on almost any system and does not require your office to spend an extra amount on securing powerful hardware to run it. All of the applications in the Salesforce suite are collaborative and data-centric in nature. They take up minimal memory because all the storage is done on the cloud. This way, no data is lost either, as there are automatic backups performed from time to time ,which assures reliability and security of data for individuals.
The Salesforce platform operates by using certain standard Salesforce test data objects and establishing relationships between them. These are as follows:
- Account– This object involves all the partners, officials, customers or individuals involved in the interactions which the app takes into consideration.
- Contact- The identity of the individual who uses an account.
- Lead- Companies or Individual customers who might be interested in your product or service.
- Opportunity- Any activity which may generate significant revenue is considered an opportunity.
- Case- If your consumer reports an issue, a detailed account of that is considered a case.
- Solution- The answer to any problem posed by a customer. Salesforce has a knowledge base which is the collection of several such solutions.
- Forecast- This is an estimation of the quarterly revenue for your company. Salesforce has been known to make very accurate forecasts.
- Report- An analysis of data from custom objects.
- Dashboard- Represents all collated data in the form of charts or graphs to understand and recognize trends.
- Activity- A synchronized form of all your events, appointments and tasks.
- Campaign- Encompasses all marketing aspects like mass emailing.
- Asset- The Asset is usually a item out of your corporation or perhaps from the opponent which a consumer has ordered and set up.
- Open Activity – Consist information about activities along with tasks associated to an object.
- OrderItem – Presents an order product particularly your corporation offers.
- Partner – The particular connection among 2 particular accounts or else specific deal and account.
- Permissionset – A set of permissions which is employed to allow more permissions to several end users without having altering their profile. This object is available in API version 22.0 and later.
- S-control– A custom made s-control, that’s custom made information that may be hosted by the system yet implemented by the customer program.
- Solution – Complete Explanation of a consumer difficulty and also the solution of that difficulty.
- Profile – A profile, which defines a collection of permissions that user have in order carry out distinct procedures, like querying, inserting, upgrading, or deleting of information.
Cloud Aspects of Salesforce
- The Sales Cloud: Sales Cloud is based on Account, Contact, Opportunity and Lead objects. An advanced piece of built-in functionality in this cloud is the ability to convert high-potential leads into opportunity, account and contact type objects. You are also allowed to set mapping for any custom fields added to a lead object. Based on the potential for an opportunity, it is assigned a probability and a stage of implementation.
- The Marketing Cloud: This is a cohesive application which handles all your marketing resources. From the creation to the execution, it oversees and helps in all your promotions and campaigns.
- The Service Cloud: The base objects for this are simply cases and solutions. Any Service Executive is allowed to change an enquiry or complaint into a case and the solution to the same can be stored inside a solutions object. Some functions like email to case allow each email sent to your support email account to be converted into a case automatically.
- The Custom Cloud: Custom fields and workflows can be added to any object. For viewing as well as logic you can use pages and apex classes related to Visualforce.
- Analytics: Reports and Dashboards will put forward all relevant data and analytics.
- Automation: This system is in charge of managing and tracking leads, assigning tasks, providing notifications and other such functionality.
Who is Salesforce Meant For?
Anyone can use Salesforce, because they have several editions of the app like Professional, Group, Performance and Enterprise, each priced differently and targeting different purposes for firms. You may evaluate which package is best for your company and purchase the same. From service to marketing, it handles all aspects.
Whether you want to assign your own team to it, or bring in an IT solutions firm to integrate Salesforce into your business, it is a seamless and an easy process, and you will warm up to it in no time. There are no hidden costs or maintenance charges, and extra expenditure on latest hardware.
Tweak Your Biz is a thought leader global publication and online business community. Today, it is part of the Small Biz Trends stable of websites and receives over 300,000 unique views per month. Would you like to write for us?
An outstanding title can increase tweets, Facebook Likes, and visitor traffic by 50% or more. Generate great titles for your articles and blog posts with the Tweak Your Biz Title Generator.