The overall e-learning industry is expected to be worth $325 billion by 2025. Online education has been an innovative field in modern times. Because technology is evolving, not only do millennials favor online training, but also youngsters of the emerging generation.
As we know, knowledge and education have no bounds; people from all over the world really are willing to enlighten themselves with a wide range of philosophies and courses. This way, online education helps them.
It is not necessary that the children of today’s generation have to go to school to learn a thing or two. Digitized education has made their life very simple and relaxed. In comparison to the standard education framework, the online learning process enables it quite easily without any trouble.
Since the year 2000, the international e-learning industry has grown by 900 per cent. Online courses take place for most of the day, every day, in nearly every nation in the world. Much of the time, as an educator, the only question you need to learn about what you intend to teach, and just how much you really want to teach.
It is not intended to convey that becoming an online trainer is a cakewalk– far from being that actually. Online teachers sometimes need to be even more coordinated, focused, and efficient to teach from their homes. You ‘re working with children you can’t control personally, and you can’t physically reiterate the content, all from afar limited space than a standard classroom.
Many online teaching positions demand that you get relatively similar teacher-education qualifications and credentials as you need to have to teach in a day school or university as a regular teacher.
Your primary duties are the same: to schedule classes, teaching strategies, lesson plans, teach the students, make time for office hours, and to give the score and assess the projects and tests of students. The problem is the way you deliver your lecture.
There is a wide range of digital education tools and platforms. However, there are certain principles that are relatively consistent:
- Additional study resources, projects, worksheets, videos, and other information are given in a comprehensive online learning management curriculum.
- Online teachers can be available to their students via emails, instant messages, or other internet-based communication resources.
- Lectures are delivered through either video that is recorded before-hand or live online training.
- Online teachers also set up, track, and encourage conversation between students via digital platforms, like Skype, Google classroom, and email groups.
Such discussions could be arranged in real-time or “asynchronous” over a number of days, with students incorporating their opinions as they can.
Benefits of Online Teaching
- Your time is entirely in your hands. You can schedule your day however way you wish to. You have the option of pre-recording your lectures and then uploading it on the online teaching portal. Also, if you wish you to, you can schedule the class according to your time and conduct a live lecture. Online teachers have the freedom to plan and execute their lectures according to their schedule.It all depends on the online teachers’ pace when they wish to grade, read the assignments and tests, participate in online discussions, and answer their students.
- You can teach your students from almost anywhere in the world. Of course, this does not imply that you are not entitled to breaks and vacations, but this clearly means that you could travel to any corner of the world and interact with your students.You do not necessarily have to be at your home to take the classes. If you have access to a good internet connection, any location will do. There is no stress of traffic or late commuting. This also means that you can always follow your dreams of being a globetrotter and also do what you love – teaching.
- Speaking of working from home, the ease of teaching online does not end there. You can teach online while sipping on your favourite hot cocoa or while you are in your pyjamas.
There is no haste of getting dressed every time to teach online. All you have to do is focus on your lessons and courses.
- You have the advantage of interacting with people all over the world. There is so much more to online teaching than plain delivery of the You can conduct debates and group discussions on various topics if you are keen on making the process lively and fun.This means you have access to information and knowledge that even you, as a teacher, might not be aware of. There will be students hailing from different races, communities, and cultures. This is how you will be connected to the world through teaching.
Challenges of Online Teaching
With all the benefits and perks of online teaching, the challenges go hand in hand. There sure are advantages, but online teaching is not your everyday stroll in the park. Remember, these are challenges and not disadvantages that may or may not trouble you. All you need to do is be aware of these challenges and work accordingly.
- Online teachers often face trouble while working if they are unorganized. It is crucial that they work according to plans. They have the liberty to plan their own classes, but it could have a negative impact on their reputation as a teacher if it does not go according to the schedule. Not to forget, hamper the student’s efforts.
- Online teachers, before imparting knowledge, must guide their students on how to learn things online. It is important that students are first and foremost, guided by their teachers to understand the format of online courses properly. Otherwise, this would lead to unnecessary frustration and tension among the students. Consequently, affecting their scores.
Online teachers must know how to handle technical difficulties. Naturally, you will face technical glitches from time to time. Instead of relying on an outsider, or a student, make sure you are well-equipped with all the solutions to technical issues.
In this day and age, online teaching is one of the most stable professions you can find. Along with a hundred benefits that it offers, it has the least chances to be affected by the universal crisis, be it a pandemic or global recession. With the advancement of technology and life at the speed of light, the demand for online teachers would only propel.