Technology plays a significant role in the concept of e-learning. Through the electronic mode of learning, students get subject knowledge. Electronic learning is a technological medium that delivers knowledge and performance. Electronic learning educates the students through advanced form by using technology. It makes teaching and learning easier (How to improve memory for studying?). Through e-learning, it educates and benefits everyone irrespective of age and other such factors. Today’s generation accepts different learning tools and various technologies for their victorious career. This article portrays ten reasons why millennials need electronic learning instead of classroom teachings.
- Cost-efficient: When compared to chalkboard learning, electronic learning is cost-efficient. Classroom learning equips a skilled instructor every time to deliver a concept. It also comprises a fee that should be paid to the mentors. It also involves traveling expenses. By using electronic learning, students can cut down these costs. Electronic learning provides the same benefits as one-time initialization. Moreover, since the technology used in electronic learning is user-friendly, the student is able to learn anywhere irrespective of regions because it is usually deployed on an accessible learning platform.
- Progressive Track: Both traditional and electronic learning tracks the student’s progress. In traditional learning, teachers have to assess every student manually. Therefore, it takes much longer to evaluate. Moreover, there is only one mentor to assess 20 -30 students in a class. Tracking every student’s progress and maintaining the record is quite difficult. On the other hand, consider electronic learning, evaluating the students can be done through software. In addition to that, not only evaluating makes it easier. But also tracking the student’s progress and maintaining the record is much easier.
- Round the clock: Generation Y kids are overwhelmed to do a lot of things at a time. Some students work part-time and cannot attend classes regularly. At a certain time, they don’t have reading materials and fail during examinations. To avoid such problems, web-based learning benefits these kinds of students. Since there are no restrictions for the time and place, Gen Y kids move towards web-based applications. Moreover, reading materials can be accessed anywhere and used.
- Retention Power: Retention power is one of the most important among the students. When compared to traditional learning, students get more memory power through web-based learning. Traditional learning delivers only practical knowledge among students. Therefore, they get only limited knowledge regarding the subject. In web-based learning, students get practical knowledge. It delivers video demonstrations so that they learn the subjects with deep knowledge.
- Nurtures creativity: One important reason for Gen Yers to prefers electronic learning because it nurtures creativity. The reason is, as they prefer to learn electronically, it automatically nurtures creativity by visualizing certain concepts and implementing those concepts in real-time projects. Therefore, nurturing creativity helps them to work better in an organization.
- Fail without fear: In traditional learning, some students feel dreadful while receiving their grades. This makes the students feel inferior to fellow members. To avoid such problems, Gen Y kids are moving towards electronic learning. In electronic learning, grades are being shared only with the mentor and the particular student. This doesn’t make the student feel inferior to the fellow members.
- Exposure of ideas: One of the important reasons to go with electronic learning is the exposure of ideas. In traditional learning, students are able to know only the ideas of fellow members. Their exposure to ideas becomes shorter and occurs within a small circle. In electronic learning, students can witness another fellow member’s idea in a discussion forum. By witnessing those ideas, it helps in academics and project works. Moreover, they can develop their competitive skills by witnessing those.
- Diversification: Formal learning delivers only a finite amount of teachings to the students. Students can clarify their queries only during office hours. E-learning provides diversified content with deep knowledge. Moreover, students don’t need to always learn only certain subjects and concepts. The students were able to learn diversified concepts that are apart from the subjects. Additionally, the students get more interest in the subject and they get a deep knowledge. This also plays one important reason why Generation Y kids are moving towards electronic learning.
- Upgraded chapters: In the traditional way of teaching, schools and colleges always focus on printed learning. Due to the usage of printed materials for learning, students lack in current affairs and happenings. Printed learning doesn’t provide updated information. When Generation Y kids move towards electronic learning, they get up to date information and current news. It contains recent news and happenings with all upgraded information. Not only millennials need to be upgraded chapters, but everyone needs the upgraded chapters. In addition to the upgraded chapters, students who follow the electronic learning style, need no to collect all the study materials in a printed form. Generation Y kids can have everything on their mobile phones, tablets or laptops. They can have easy access to the use of study materials. Millennials can also have access to electronic books. Meanwhile, people who are not following electronic learning style, they need to collect all the study resources in a physical format. Through access to physical resources, there is a high risk of getting lost. It may cause difficulty during their examination. Moreover, there is a chance of getting low marks in examinations.
- Prepare for the real world: As earlier, it was mentioned that electronic learning comprises technologies. The world is moving towards more technology-oriented. Being a technology-oriented helps the millennials to prepare for the real world. This helps them also to achieve in a working environment.
Electronic learning is an emerging technology in recent times. Since it is an emerging technology, not only millennials prefer electronic learning, but also the new generation kids. Since education has no boundary, people who are really interested can study numerous concepts and subjects. It is not essential that Gen Y kids must go to the classroom and make their presence. The electronic learning style made their work very easy and comfortable. When compared to the traditional learning system, the electronic learning method makes life very simple without complexity.
online learning – DepositPhotos