Planning to build your website? It’s important to focus on the design when you build the site. And your potential customers will surely check the homepage fully when they visit your site. So, it is essential to design the homepage in such a manner that it keeps the customer glued to it.
The design of the homepage of any website, however, entails a lot of things. You will need to integrate several other elements, namely:
- User-friendly navigation
- Social media links
- Several backlinks
- Lists of achievements and testimonials
And all these are to be integrated within the homepage in the best possible way to give it an amazing design that attracts and, at the same time, is effective enough.
Writing Exciting Content
An overused adage still holds true: content is the king in the world of websites even to this day. So, if you are designing a website, it’s important to plan the design of the content properly.
- Catchy Headline – When it comes to content, it’s necessary to focus on the textual part in the very beginning. And even on the homepage, the first thing that is going to grab the attention of your customer is the headline. So, it is important to create a catchy headline. And you need to use the right font for the same to ensure maximum impact. When a potential customer has a glance at your website, the headline is the first thing that will catch their eye.
- Subheads and Short Descriptions – When your website’s visitor sees the headline, he will hopefully want to know a bit more about it. So, it is essential to provide some information right there. One of the best ways to do this is to create short subheads and add a sentence or two about each of them. The subheads should, of course, be smaller than the headline in size.
What happens when a visitor lands on your website’s homepage and then completely goes through it? Does he leave your website, thus increasing the bounce rate? If that is the case, then you need to find out whether there’s something wrong with your website’s navigation. It is one of the most important aspects when it comes to the design of your website’s homepage.
You need to have a user-friendly navigation on the homepage. It will ensure that the visitor who comes to your website is not going to leave it quickly as he will use the navigational channels to visit different pages of your website. Keeping the audience engaged for an extended period on the website is likely to help you increase the amount of lead conversions in the long run.
Adding Links to Social Media Websites
Almost one in every four people are present on social media sites these days. If you have a business and you want to spread the word about it among your target audience, you just can’t ignore social media marketing. So, it’s important to let people know about your social media existence as well. And what can be a better place to do that than from the homepage of your website. Include the buttons of different social media websites and link them to the profile of your business there. This will help you to engage customers with your business through social media and exchange views with them.
Integrating Different Media
- Image – It’s an old adage that a picture speaks a thousand words. So, when you are designing the homepage of your website, it’s essential that you add an image to it. Try to have an image of a person as it plays a major role in helping the website build trust among your target audience.
- Video – Even when you have an image on your homepage that does not mean that you can’t add any other media. In fact, adding a short video that offers an attractive introduction about your business is likely to come in extremely handy. The primary objective of the video should be to engage the visitors so try to keep it short. Videos that are short are known to perform better when put on a webpage. You can make full use of this video for the promotion of your brand.
Does your website have a blog? That can be one of the best places where you can share your views. And if you are doing that, you need to drive people to visit your blog to view the posts there as well. You can do that right from the homepage of your website. All you need to do is create a backlink to the blog from there. You can also add the links of different other web pages as well and they might or might not belong to your own website. Creating backlinks on your homepage is one of the most important things that you need to do while designing it.
Display Achievements and Testimonials
Have you received any award for your achievements? You should boast about those right on the homepage of your website. You can also add the testimonials, which you have received from many of your current and former customers, right on the homepage. Add them as lists or create some other attractive way to display these on the website. They are going to act as a major driver to attract more customers for your business so use these as a major way to increase conversions.
You should also try to include your contact information on the homepage. Moreover, it is extremely important to add a call to action. It will play a major role in driving conversions from the homepage.
The homepage is arguably the most important part of a website. You need to put in a lot of effort while designing it, because this part of the website plays a major role in retaining the visitors for a long time. Including these components on the homepage is likely to help you make it attractive as well as effective for your business.
Tweak Your Biz is a thought leader global publication and online business community. Today, it is part of the Small Biz Trends stable of websites and receives over 300,000 unique views per month. Would you like to write for us?
An outstanding title can increase tweets, Facebook Likes, and visitor traffic by 50% or more. Generate great titles for your articles and blog posts with the Tweak Your Biz Title Generator.