These days, almost all people own a mobile device which they can use for internet browsing. It is a known fact that a lot of people cannot live without their mobile phones or tablets. You can observe yourself to prove this. Checking your mobile phone and tablet is probably the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning and the last thing you do before you sleep at night.
According to studies, there will soon be more people who use their mobile devices than people who use their desktop or laptop computers. This is why internet marketers start to shift their focus from computer advertising to mobile advertising. Too many people are going online using their mobile device and it would be a shame not to use this to improve your business.
You should find out more about advertising through mobile devices by checking out the following paragraphs.
- Mobile devices are always on – Unlike desktop or laptop computers, mobile devices like smartphones and tablets are almost always on. Only a few people turn off their devices when they need to recharge the batteries. People leave their mobile devices turned on at all times even when not in use, which is an advantage for mobile advertisers because this means that their ads will be easily seen by the mobile users.
- It encourages immediate response from the user – When you post a mobile ad, the target customer will be able to see it and do something about it right away if he is interested. For example, if a person sees your ad about low deals on used cars on his mobile phone and he is planning to buy a used car, he can immediately call the mobile number that you provided in the ad. This instantly gives you an edge over other business owners who failed to market their products and services using mobile advertising.
- Mobile applications are popular – Users of mobile devices download millions of applications to their smartphones and tablets. There are applications for iPhones, android phones, and other types of smartphones. Mobile advertisers can create useful applications to promote a product or service.
- Mobile devices are popular – According to statistics, about half the US population will own a smartphone by 2014. In the UK, about a third of adults access the internet every month using their mobile phone. These figures alone will motivate you to create a mobile advertising strategy for your own business.
- It is more personal – Mobile ads tend to be more personal than online ads that are intended for desktop and laptop computers. This is because the target customer is the person using the mobile device, not online users in general. When creating ads for the mobile device, you need to remember that it is not just about creating a compelling ad but connecting to your target customer at the right place and time.
- Social media access via mobile is increasing – Facebook is one of the best places to post your ad because millions of people all over the world have a Facebook account. And these days, more and more people start to access their social media accounts using their mobile devices. You should take advantage of this by posting mobile ads in Facebook as well.
- It is easier to access – People often use their mobile phones for a lot of things such as searching for an address, comparing prices, or searching for deals because it is easier to access than a desktop or laptop computer since you do not need to set it up. You should take advantage of this by utilizing mobile advertising to promote your business.
- People search the same things on their mobile devices – People may be shifting from computers to handheld devices but this does not mean that they also changed their searches. For example, Google and Facebook are still the top search engine and social media site, respectively, on mobile.
These are the things that you need to know about mobile advertising. You should also know the three important tips that will help you create effective mobile ads for your business.
Three important tips
- Optimize your ads for mobile devices that really matter – Studies show that 38% of smartphone users have iPhone while 22% have Samsung Galaxy. The rest uses other types of smartphones. This statistic should tell you that you should optimize your mobile ads for iPhone and Samsung Galaxy. However, this does not mean that you should take the rest for granted because they still comprise 40% of the total smartphone users. You should still create your ads that are suitable for most of the smartphones in the market but making sure that you focus on iPhone and Samsung Galaxy.
- Consider the OS – When creating mobile ads, be sure to consider the OS for different smartphones. 50% of smartphone users have android while 42% have IOS. The rest are RIM, Symbian, Windows, and other OS. You should deliver the right ad format to the right kind of OS to get better results from your ad.
- Be up to date with trends on digital traffic and consumption – To be able to maximize the benefits of mobile advertising, you need to be updated with the latest trends on digital traffic and consumption. You need to know how the latest technology on smartphones and how it will affect advertising on mobile.
Whether you like it or not, mobile advertising is here to stay, especially since giant tech companies like Apple and Samsung started to spout smartphones and tablets one after the other. If you want to promote your business and increase your sales, you need to create a mobile ad that is suitable for these mobile devices. If you think you cannot create a mobile ad, you should hire an expert to do it for you. You should not ignore the shift from computers to mobile devices because it greatly affects your business. Hopefully, the information provided in this article will help you come up with a mobile advertising strategy that will boost your business.
Did you like this article?
- Please share it with your network, we’d really appreciate it!
- Would you like to write for Tweak Your Biz? Or sign up for our RSS?
- An outstanding title can increase tweets, Facebook Likes, and visitor traffic by 50% or more. Generate great titles for your articles and blog posts with the Tweak Your Biz Title Generator.