One of the most crucial product manufacturing stages apart from the product formulation is its packaging. Packaging offers essential details about the brand name, product name, and list of ingredients. Also, it highlights any point of differentiation that the product is offering.
Packaging helps enhance the appearance of products with the use of labels that help provide a superior look. Moreover, it is a strong marketing tool that cannot be replaced by any digital media, even in today’s world. However, it is worth mentioning that labeling in bulk can be a cumbersome task.
That is the stage where a labeling printing machine comes into the picture. Such systems will help improve the efficiency of your facility and grow your packaging business.
An apt labeling machine can help you with:
- Bulk industrial applications
- Increasing the efficiency of your operations
- Cutting down the time required to undertake bulk labeling jobs
- Improving your bottom line by cutting down labor overhead costs
What should you keep in mind while shortlisting such a machine for your facility? Let’s find out.
Evaluate the Different Available Labeling Machines
Numerous labeling machines are available in the market that helps you ease your packaging task. However, you must identify the apt machinery based on your:
- Type of labeling
- Type of substrate the label will stick to
- Specifications of the machinery that can fit with your existing system
- The variations of labeling that you want to have on a later date
These points will help you identify the right machinery. You can shortlist from the following options:
- Self-adhesive labeling machines
- Wraparound label stickers
- Wet glue labeler machines
- Top application label sticker machines
- Front and back automatic label machines
Opt For a Reliable Solution
While shortlisting a particular labeling machine for your facility, it is crucial to have a reliable solution that will last a long time. The facts that you should take into consideration include:
- The capability of the machine to print the requisite number of labels
- Options to print multiple labels together
- Options to print front and back labels
- Compatibility for box labeling options
- Compatibility for QR code and barcode which are an industry norm
- Compliance with industrial standards of packaging requisites to support exports
Numerous options are available in the market to help you have the above facilities and look for a reliable solution. A warehouse labeling system should be able to carry out its job relentlessly without ceasing operation. Therefore, you should consider this aspect while shortlisting an apt labeling machine for your facility.
How Do the Different Systems Help?
Every labeling printing machine that is available in the market has a different industrial use. Therefore, it is ideal to understand the use case scenario of each system before opting for a label printing machine. Such factors can include:
- Label applicators that are specific to cylindrical objects
- Shrink sleeve applicators that are in demand for e-commerce brands
- Label applicators that support non-traditional shapes
- The conditions that the labels can get exposed to, including heat and moisture
- Requirement for different labelers for front and back labels
- Variation in the type of ink that is in use to prevent a particular set of labels
Based on these factors, label printing systems can be automatic or semi-automatic. The automatic systems help achieve a consistent output based on preset parameters that you can set in advance according to your organization’s requirements. The semi-automatic models need human intervention.
The above aspect leads to a variation of the output that you can have from the two types of machines. To take a call on such an aspect, you need to ideate on:
- The funds available to purchase the machine
- The kinds of machinery your current facility support
- The volume of business that your facility will generate yearly
- The existing structure of your workforce and their skill levels
- Your order book and forecasting of liquid funds to support future operations
How Does a Label Printing Machine Work?
Sticker labeling machines have a few moving parts that work together to give you the final output in line with your requirement. Based on the system you select, your labeling machine can include different types of sensors and drivers to support a variety of printing functions.
As your machine receives input from the main system, it transfers the data and initiates the job via an upstream device. The machine has a calibration based on the type of container you will label. The sensors guide the proper execution of the printing and labeling job.
Stickers are an integral part of every industry to support their products and convey crucial information to the end consumers. However, choosing machinery based on your ultimate goal is critical to the overall job execution.