It’s been so long since I’m using Mozilla Thunderbird as my email client and no doubt it’s an amazing open-source emailing service. It’s easy to set up, customize, use, and loaded with so many great features. Recently due to some professional reasons I’ve switched myself to Microsoft Outlook and dumped Thunderbird. But, the point where I got stuck in import MBOX to Outlook process was how to export contacts from Thunderbird to Outlook.
If you are like me and landed on this page while searching the answer for how to move contacts from Outlook to Thunderbird then, sit back and relax. Today, I’m going to share an easiest possible way to perform this task even without any technical assistance.
Now here comes the good part …
2 Simple Steps to Export Contacts from Thunderbird to Outlook
Step 1. Export Contacts from Thunderbird
- Launch Mozilla Thunderbird Email Client on your PC
- Click on Address Book tab (If using an older version, click Tools >> Address Book)
- Highlight the desired address book, click Tools >> Export
- Browse a location and enter a name for the output file. Click Save
Note: If Thunderbird and Outlook are installed on different computers then, it is recommended to move the output CSV to the new computer where Outlook is installed.
Read More: How to convert contacts from Excel to vCard.
Step 2. Import Thunderbird Contacts to Outlook
- Open Microsoft Outlook in your computer
- Click the File tab and select Open & Export. Click Import/ Export
- Highlight Import from another program or file option and click Next
- Choose Comma Separated Values option and click on Next button
- Go to the location and select the Thunderbird contacts CSV
- Press the Next button and choose Contacts folder. Click Next
- Map CSV Columns with Outlook Fields. Click on Finish
- Thunderbird contacts to Outlook transfer will begin right after and let the process finish successfully
This is How to do Field Mapping:
Select a value from the Source File (Comma Separated Values) on the left and pick the respective value in the Destination (Microsoft Office Outlook) section.
• Name — Display Name/ Nickname/ First Name/ Last Name
• Organization — Company
• Work Address — Business Street
• Work Address 2 — Business Street 2
• Work City — Business City
• Work State — Business State
• Work ZipCode — Business Postal Code
Work Country — Business Country
How to export contacts from Thunderbird to Outlook FIXED!