Adding an eCommerce website to your business model can prove to be one of the most profitable opportunities for you. Consider that, according to Forbes.com, year-over-year revenue growth in eCommerce sales is up 68 percent as of mid-April and conversion rates have grown by 8.8 percent in February, and it is clear, eCommerce websites are critical to today’s business model.
Just having an eCommerce business isn’t enough, though. Like every other type of business you create, you need to increase your marketing efforts. That’s something Nuanced Media can help you with if you don’t want to invest the time in doing so yourself. If you do, here are the key components of every successful eCommerce marketing strategy.
All websites, including eCommerce sites, need to have a formal
- Choose a site that has solid
SEOprinciples in place.
- Ensure your website loads fast to ensure people who land there move through it.
- Know your audience and use keywords and other
SEOelements that target those customers. They will turn into buyers, pushing your search engine ranking higher.
Build Content with a Blog
Blogs are one of the secret weapons for eCommerce owners. There are many perks to having a blog –
- Provide insight into your company, brand, and products to your customers.
- Create up to date content and become thought leaders in your industry
- Create a space for you to engage with current and potential customers.
SEOby uploading quality content using strong keywords
Utilize Social Media
With a strong site and quality content, the next step is to connect with your customers through social media. Create a social media campaign to inform your target audience of what your company has to offer. What do they want to know? This isn’t about a heavy sales pitch but rather giving them educational content – stories, insights, live videos, and engagement opportunities – that help build your brand. At the same time, quality social media posts get likes, comments, and follows you need to build your customer base. All of this also works to drive traffic back to your eCommerce site.
There’s a great deal of competition in the eCommerce world. Instead of waiting for your
- Broad and ultra-specific keywords
- Long-tail keywords that apply
- Strong understanding of your competitors
- Include pricing information when appliable
eCommerce will require some level of paid advertising in most cases. Place your ads directly on sites to show them what products and services you have to offer. Keep in mind that this should just be a portion of your budget – it is meant to increase your organic traffic.
Most companies do not like to think they are going to give the product away for free – but it can be a good strategy for those just launching an eCommerce website. What is going to get you to buy that new product on the shelf at a grocery store? It could be a good price or a flashy ad campaign, but having a free sample right there is going to lure in today’s buyers.
Develop a process to offer a free sample of your products or services. It does not have to cost your company a great deal – you don’t have to give away a lot of product. Rather, set the process up so it benefits you –
- Be sure to make your free promotional offer clear to get enough people to sign up.
- Request their email address so you can nurture them as well.
- Be sure to include a box for them to check off if they don’t want to receive ads from you.
- Utilize positive reviews on your eCommerce site, customers are more likely to buy when they know others have found satisfaction in the product.
Finally, don’t overlook the importance of reviews for your product. These will not only help customers get a better understanding of your product but allow you to learn more about what they want. You can also use your social media as a way to reach your buyers to gain those reviews. The key here is to reach out to them, don’t wait for them to come to you.
Each one of these components can help make your eCommerce website a success. The good news is you do not have to do it alone either. Our team at Nuanced Media is here to offer guidance and help with every step of the process. All you have to do is to reach out to us today.
women working with computer -DepositPhotos