The real value of e-commerce mobile application lies in the notion that it “extends, augments, and transforms” the customer experience in digital commerce. To provide a seamless mobile-first experience, an application should be scalable and build using the principle of continuous integration. What it requires is just right people, right processes, and the right technology.
Following are some of the strategies that a business owner can opt to develop a profitable and customer engaging mobile applications:
Study Customer Behavior Patterns
Predicting the ever-evolving user behavior is a challenging task as they are constantly being exposed to new applications with different technologies. But it is very important to understand their patterns and preferences. The data gained enables the developers to improve the mobile application by mixing and matching function which leads to more personalized offerings.
Further, a data-driven decision will increase a company’s competitive advantage as it has a better understanding of customer’s problems and market needs. It leads to better mobile app development and organizational capabilities.
Focus on the Customer Experience
According to a study conducted by Walker, customer experience will overtake product and price as the key differentiator by 2020. So if you want to outperform your competitors; you need to offer a high-quality personal experience. Following are some of the ways by which you can improve customer experience as well as provide an intuitive user interface for the mobile application:
1. Choose the right app-onboarding process:
Memorable on-boarding experience is the first step towards building a long-term relationship with app users. There are some guidelines in an order to provide beneficial, seamless, and endearing an on-boarding experience:
- Eliminate all the unnecessary information out of the first screen.
- Inspire positive emotions with intuitive design elements.
- Make sure that customers can easily skip the on-boarding process if he wants.
2. Design your content for the platform:
Excellent customer experience is not possible without the mobile-friendly content. AMP pages help you a lot in achieving the desired result as the pages follow a specific pattern and also get priority in search results.
3.The content of mobile interactions:
You should have a deep understanding of interaction contexts, user profiles, and buyer personas. To design the personalized customer journey on the mobile application, you should have answers to the following questions:
- Who are the target customers (for whom you are making a mobile application)?
- Will your mobile application fulfill their needs?
Adopt Agile Methodology
Agile Methodology focuses on risk management, flexible planning, the involvement of customer, and continuous evaluation. These incremental and iterative steps make the agile methodology the most efficient approach when it comes to the e-commerce mobile application development.
Benefits of adopting agile methodology:
- Better Quality and Reduced Risks: Developers test the app at the various primitive levels which helps them to make the required changes and adjustments as per the requirement. If a bug rises in any of the sprints, developers can solve it without disturbing the code of the previous sprints.
- Enhances Flexibility: Developers, testers, and customers have constant interaction throughout the agile process. This enhances both the flexibility and transparency of mobile application development.
Following are some of the ways for securing e-commerce mobile application:
- Secure the code
- Secure the device by detecting a vulnerable run-time environment
- Prevent data theft and leakage
- Secure the transaction
Effective Marketing Strategy
You can get a huge number of benefits if you planned and execute app marketing strategies effectively and efficiently. Following are some of the mobile app marketing strategies that will definitely help you to achieve success.
Assessment of strengths and weakness of competitors before launching a mobile application is necessary. Use Google or other sites such as Xyo to find out the applications that are similar to yours.
Check the prices of similar applications and the number of people who have downloaded it. Also, make the list of the keywords on which the applications are ranking on search engine.
2.Create Video Content:
According to a recent survey, 83 percent of businesses believe that video marketing gives them a good return on investment (ROI). Below are some of the reasons why you should use video marketing:
- Video boosts sales which lead to better ROI.
- Video builds trust among customers.
- Video gets more social shares because of an emotional connection.
There is no doubt that the mobile app development process is overwhelming and requires a heavy investment of both time and money. But if you adopt agile methodology than the outcome will be more streamlined and effective.
Capturing attention from the first time user is not a major concern but driving them back to your app is where the struggle starts. For that, run retargeting campaigns and hyper-relevant ads. Make sure that your final goal is to provide an optimal experience to users.
Business people using tablet pc in office