Learning how to build your email list can be an effective tool you need in order to multiply your businesses reach. It is instrumental in building a deeper relationship with people that are interested in the work that you are doing.
Email list building can lead to a significant increase in your sales of products and services. Investing the time to build an email list of loyal subscribers is the single most important thing you can do in order to guarantee the long-term growth of your online business.
Regardless of the importance of social media, blogging, advertisement and other forms of publicity to reach the target audience and pique their interest, the email list allows direct and personal communication with the readers in a dynamic way.
How to Build an Email List through Your Website
The goal is to know what it takes in building the list that will contain the right prospects, fans and a large number of loyal subscribers that will be highly interested in the valuable free content and paid offerings of your website.
The initial point to consider is the importance of understanding the basic principle of building an email list. This principle involves the lead generation and lead capture.
- Lead generation involves an exploration of the way to find ideal clients both online and offline and is able to attract them in a manner that will make them think, “this is what I am looking for.” Eventually, they will opt to be in your list.
- A lead capture on the other hand, is the process where people join the email list upon finding the website.
Usually website owners focus their efforts on lead generation (getting traffic) to their sites and lightly consider the critical means and strategies of the site, which are instrumental in capturing leads to be included in the list.
The following is the method containing the most essential elements that will build an email list effectively. The method includes video, opt-in and offer.
- Video – The video is essential, but often a lacking element that should be included in every website. Video is instrumental to develop a connection with the visitors to the website. Being able to get the people’s interest to watch and follow up on the video provides them with a sense of knowing what your website is all about. The video can help to connect and build the confidence that will compel visitors to give personal information such as their email address.
- Opt-in – The opt-in provides the means whereby the visitors input their first name and email address. The opt-in should be perfectly visible on the website. Additionally, it must be clear to the visitors how they can use it and not to be lost when they are on the site. It has to be in the most noticeable spot on the website and have simple instructions to follow. The simpler it is, the more the list will tend to grow.
- Offer – Offer is the element that is usually overlooked on websites. Most websites do not provide a compelling offer, but prefer to encourage visitors to subscribe to their newsletter. Frankly, people today are not interested in subscribing to a newsletter anymore. To these people it means another email to be included in an already crowded inbox. The better option is to offer them something irresistible, compelling and free. This offer must have excellent content that will make the visitors jump in to get the chance of having it and willingly give their email information in exchange.
How to Build an Email List through Article Marketing
Article marketing is an effective marketing strategy to drive traffic to your website and build an email list. The process involved in article marketing is taking content from your blog or website and submitting the same to article directories. The article directories are websites where content can be posted for interested people to find on the Internet.
People look for information through search engines such as Google using a particular word or phrase. Although your website may not be included in the search right away, chances are it will be if the word search refers to the content you have posted. Article marketing is an effective means of attracting people that will become interested in your content and the things you are offering.
When submitting content, these can be categorized according to topic, keywords or ideas you intend to share. Owners also have the option of setting up a profile complete with personal information, photos and links to their websites.
In submitting content to article directories, it is beneficial to make submissions on a consistent basis. This will result in increased exposure and visibility in a greater way. Consistent content submission provides an opportunity to develop your platform and attract more targeted traffic. Eventually, it will result in additional email subscribers to the list.
Build Email List through Live Events
The limitations of marketing online can be offset by connecting to the ideal prospects by meeting them in person. It is crucial to get out there and take the opportunity to do networking with live events such as workshops, seminars and conferences.
Networking is a crucial means of building an email list by attending these live events. During these events, there are probably tens or hundreds of possible clients gathered waiting to be tapped. They can be individuals or organizations. The opportunity of signing in new people to your email list is endless.
Using Social Media in Building an Email List
Attracting clients can be effectively done using social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and others. If you are able to use social media effectively, you will realize how much precious time can be saved by spending it using social media tools.
For the purpose of attracting the ideal good paying clients courtesy of social media, and building an email list at the same time, it is necessary to take note that the rules applied are the same as with conventional marketing such as providing value and building relationships.
The use of a compelling and certified marketing strategy is what pulling prospects to your website is all about. Using an effective and compelling message, and through the offering of high-quality content information that delivers value to your audience, they became motivated to take further action by either joining the email list or even working with you.
Undoubtedly, in the subject of attracting the ideal and highest paying clients to whatever things you offer, it is important to have a huge, reliable email list of qualified, and highly motivated subscribers. Nowadays, building an email list is an essential marketing strategy for entrepreneurs in order to succeed in their online business. Therefore, how to build an email list systematically is every online business owners’ utmost concern.
Tweak Your Biz is a thought leader global publication and online business community. Today, it is part of the Small Biz Trends stable of websites and receives over 300,000 unique views per month. Would you like to write for us?
An outstanding title can increase tweets, Facebook Likes, and visitor traffic by 50% or more. Generate great titles for your articles and blog posts with the Tweak Your Biz Title Generator.