Test your prospective
Questions to ask
- Ask them how long they have been doing
SEOand how many clients they have. If they can give you the names of a few reputable ones than that is a good sign and find out how long they have been working with them.
- If they have client testimonials on their site that is a plus as well. Ask if you can speak to a current client of theirs, and if they can’t provide one, it is because they don’t have any happy clients.
- How many writers and graphic designers do they have in-house? This is important, because without them you will not get high-quality content, which you need in a long-term
- Do they offer social media services that optimize social pages as well as build relationships with industry experts and social influencers? If you know a few of their current clients, look at their Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Google+ pages.
- Look at how many followers they have, their customer engagement, and how many likes, retweets, and +1’s they get on average for each post.
Watch out for black hatters
A good trick question is asking if they can guarantee to be on the 1st page. If they say they can, then they use black hat practices and you should continue your search. Black hat practices are ways that you can get to the top of the search engines very quickly, but then you will be penalized and booted from the top of the rankings for a very long time, if not for forever.
If you hire a
What kind of reporting do you need?
Find out what kind of reports you will be getting, and whether they are weekly or monthly. Weekly can be a bit much, so don’t go crazy, because rankings can fluctuate. Monthly reports show a better range of time that can help you understand your campaign and see if your results are what you are looking for. That doesn’t mean you should fire a
A sign of a good
Hopefully these questions will help you in finding the best
Images: “Search Engine Optimization – SEO Sign in Browser Window/ Shutterstock.com“
Connect with Tweak Your Biz:
Would you like to write for Tweak Your Biz?
Tweak Your Biz is an international, business advice community and online publication. Today it is read by over 140,000 business people each month (unique visitors, Google Analytics, December, 2013). See our review of 2013 for more information.
An outstanding title can increase tweets, Facebook Likes, and visitor traffic by 50% or more. Generate great titles for your articles and blog posts with the Tweak Your Biz Title Generator.