10 Things You Should Do For Your Business This Summer
- Check Your Goals/Resolutions – If you made resolutions for your business, you may not have looked at that list since. Now’s a great time to review your goals and see if you’re on track. You may need to realign your efforts with your goals or even change some goals to better reflect where you’re currently headed.
- Look at Your Pricing – If it’s been a while since you raised your prices, consider doing so now. Research what your competitors charge, and determine whether the market will bear a price increase.
- Clean Your Office – Seems silly, but cleaning up both your desk and your computer files can get you more productive. You won’t spend as much time trying to find files. Stick them in the cloud, and organize them with descriptive file names for easy searchability.
- Meet with an Industry Leader, Complementary Service Provider, or Mentor – Midyear, you’re probably suffering from sluggishness. What better way to inject excitement back into your business than to have a tete-a-tete with someone in your field? Sometimes just shooting the breeze over coffee leads to amazing ideas.
- Check in With Your Staff – If you’ve been bogged down running the company, take this opportunity to see how your employees are doing. Are they happy, or are they overworked? By interacting with them more, you can spot potential issues before they become big ones.
- Show Some Appreciation – Take your staff out to dinner or have an office party to show them that you appreciate their hard work. Try to sprinkle fun throughout the year so they know you’re always thinking of them.
- Hire More People – If your growth indicates that you need to hire, do so now. You can get a great deal with new grads, if you’re willing to put in the time to train them.
- Reassess Your Strategy – A business’ strategy should be pretty permanent, but if you haven’t really considered yours since everyone used film cameras, it might need a fresh look. Tweak as necessary.
- Join a Networking Group – It’s a great way to meet other business owners, as well as find potential partners and customers.
- Get Out of the Office! – Enjoy the sunshine. Take a vacation. Enjoy your family. After all, it’s not all about work, is it?
Did you like this article?
- Please share it with your network, we’d really appreciate it!
- Would you like to write for Tweak Your Biz? Or sign up for our RSS?
- An outstanding title can increase tweets, Facebook Likes, and visitor traffic by 50% or more. Generate great titles for your articles and blog posts with the Tweak Your Biz Title Generator.
Connect with Tweak Your Biz on:
Images: ”Inscription on wet sand Summer 2013 / Shutterstock.com“