Congratulations! Your application to become a business blogger at Tweak Your Biz has been approved.
- We look for a minimum of 1,000 words [updated: 2018]. However, our analytics tell us that authors who consistently produce longer, researched, in-depth and well-formatted articles get the best return with our top performing articles getting 100’s of 1,000’s of views. Also, pay attention to your Title, Sub-headings (H2s, H3s),
SEOand Formatting. Check the Tweak Your Biz Style Sheet to know more about the format we require at TYB.
- Linking is permitted within the text of the article to point at different resource/s that support or serve as examples to your article and the overall message you want to convey – not advertorial. Each contributor is provided with an author box (available in each article) which displays information about the writer and a link to their website. We may remove links as we see fit in an attempt to keep Tweak Your Biz fair to all writers. NB, Affiliate and advertorial links are not allowed and will be removed.
- You do not need to add a picture unless it is for an interview, diagram or something specific. If it is just a generic picture then we will add those for you.
Please read- Guest Blogging: How to Keep the Editor Happy & Get Published.
After you log in, here’s how to:-
#1. Create your ‘Tweak Your Biz profile’ and add your social channels
Your profile is located on the top right of the screen. Go there and click on ‘edit your profile’. Bio: Here’s where you can set your nickname (the name that will show on all your posts), add your website, and your social media channels in the extra fields below your bio (again, will automatically show on all your posts).
#2. Create your first Tweak Your Biz article
To create your first Tweak Your Biz post, click on ‘Tweak Your Biz‘ (top left) go to your dashboard and click on ‘new post‘.
Tweak Your Biz is a WordPress site so if you haven’t used WordPress before, then we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the platform.
The “create a post” page looks like this below and has a range of available functionality.
Useful options (see image below) include:
- Add media (Images)
- Set headings (‘Paragraph, H2, H3’)
- Add html links to text
- Toggle toolbar
- Add/embed YouTube videos
- Add html code (‘Text view’)
We also strongly suggest that you use the ‘preview‘ button throughout the creation process to see what your post looks like online. (Right-hand side in Wordpress, see image below)
We use the Yoast
Now all that’s left to do is submit your post for ‘review’. Tweak Your Biz posts are usually published within 3 to 4 weeks (updated 2018) provided there are no issues with the content.
Tweak Your Biz has a large international business audience and is regularly featured by other very significant publications. Our success is built upon the quality of our content, community and contributors. Welcome to the team, and we look forward to your first post and building a mutually beneficial relationship with you.