Whether your business is new or you are just expanding it to reach another level, deciding if you want to use landlines or VoIP for your business is a significant decision. While landlines are more old-fashioned, having a voip phone service for small business provides you with a lot more options. In this article I have mentioned in detail what VoIP is and why is it better than traditional landlines, let’s have a look:
VoIP stands for voice over internet protocol, and it allows you to make phone calls directly through the internet instead of telephone lines. It is available as both hardware and software. VoIP refers to internet calling and IP calling. It can be used on several devices. You can use it on a landline telephone, a VoIP phone, a computer, and through smartphone apps as well.
How Does It Work?
A VoIP system converts your voice into digital data and transfers it directly via the internet to the receiver. Here is how you can use it on several devices with ease:
- You can get a VoIP adapter, which lets you make a call through a regular landline phone. All you have to do is connect the adapter with your phone line or a router. And you will be able to enjoy the services.
- You can also use VoIP on your computer as there are some apps available out there that let you make VoIP calls. You can also hire a voip service for business, which will allow you to manage all your business calls via software.
- VoIP can also be used on smartphones with similar apps that are available for desktop. Whether you are using an android phone or an Apple phone, there are a lot of apps available on both stores.
- You can also make phone calls using a VoIP phone, which was designed specifically for internet calls and can be connected directly with your internet connection.
Requirements and Equipment for VoIP System
If you are looking to get a VoIP system for your business, then you will have to meet the requirements as well. The most important thing that you need is a fast and reliable internet connection. The quality of the calls you will receive will be highly dependent on your internet speed. And not just that, you also need to ensure that you are using a save service provider so your business would not be at the risk of hacking either. If you are a tiny business that is going to use an adapter, then you will have to get an adapter that directly goes into the landline connection, or you will have to get an internet router that supports adapter.
If you are setting it up on your laptop, then you will need software that will be able to handle the VoIP for your business. Apart from that, you will need to get a headset as well. If you are operating a call center, you will have to install it on all your agents’ computers. You can also use the same VoIP service provider for your smartphone as well, all you have to do is install an app on your phone, and you will be able to make VoIP calls right away. Just make sure you are using a secure Wi-Fi connection.
Benefits of Using a VoIP Phone System
VoIP provides you with several benefits, including:
- Cost-efficient: VoIP uses the internet to make calls, which means no matter whether you are making a domestic call or an international call, you will be charged extremely low. On Landlines, you are getting charged per minute, which means you can end up paying the right amount of money.
- Enhanced Functionality: The functionality features you get on VoIP are far superior to the one you get on landlines. Business work at a faster pace these days, and have to reach people anytime at anywhere. A VoIP phone can help you reroute calls on different phones, and it also offers you other dialing features as well that can be useful for your telemarketing team.
- Enhanced Sound Quality: The sound quality offered on a VoIP phone is also much better than the one you get on traditional phones. VoIP is using the internet to make calls, and if your internet is fast, then you will experience the most smooth call quality.
- Video Calls and Media Transfer: If you are using VoIP on your laptop or smartphone, then you have another significant advantage. Not only are you able to reach your client at any time, but you can communicate with them through a video call as well. Apart from that, you can directly send them media files as well, depending on the VoIP software you are using.
VoIP phone -DepositPhotos