Tech 100, also known as NASDAQ 100 index (NDX), is a modified market capitalization-weighted index made of non-financial firms quoted on NASDAQ. The index was created in 1985, and its constituents are from different industries, but the tech sector is the most dominant. Some of the top companies on the index include Amazon, Microsoft, and Apple.
NASDAQ 100 is one of the traders’ preferred options for gauging the tech industry’s health and other areas without factoring in financial firms’ impact. So, if you prefer trading tech 100 stocks, this post is a comprehensive guide, highlighting the standard strategies.
Unique Benefits of Trading NASDAQ 100
The primary benefit of trading NASDAQ 100 is getting diversified exposure to many companies, especially in the non-financial areas. Other reasons why you should consider trading NASDAQ 100 index stocks are:
- Because USA tech 100 is one of the world’s most popular indexes, there are many fundamental and technical analyses that you can rely on in your strategy
- NASDAQ 100 stocks have relatively straightforward trading chart patterns that you can use to identify entry and exit signals.
- NASDAQ provides traders with a good deal of liquidity that results in tight spreads. It also makes entering and exiting trade inexpensive.
How to Trade USA Tech 100 Stocks
Trading NASDAQ 100 involves using analysis techniques that are similar to those used in the financial markets. Before entering a trade, it is paramount to ensure you have a good reason for it. Here are other common trading strategies that you can use.
- Using Technical Analysis to Trade Tech 100
Technical analysis is used to analyze chart patterns to try and identify buy or sell signals. With good technical analysis, you can identify emerging trends, change in sentiments, or retracement patterns.
There are several technical indicators that you can use, but it is better to go for the one that you are conversant with. Here are some of the common technical indicators used when trading stocks:
- Simple moving averages.
- Exponential moving averages.
- Bollinger bands.
- The on-balance volume (OBV).
Successful traders also combine technical indicators with trading patterns, such as tend channels and ascending triangles, to identify market opportunities.
- Trade USA Tech Using Fundamental Analysis
When trading US tech 100, it is vital to appreciate several variables that affect the price. The variables can range from macroeconomic events to the composition of the NASDAQ index. Here is a list of standard movers of USA tech 100.
- The largest firms listed in the NASDAQ 100 index.
- A shift in the Federal Reserve’s stance on monetary policy.
- Release of economic data, such as employment and interest rates.
- Currency wars and trade conflicts.
NASDAQ Trading Hours
Once you have identified the preferred trading strategy, it is also essential to understand the preferred working hours. For example, on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME), you can trade NASDAQ 100 from Sunday – Friday: 6:00 pm – 5:00 pm ET.
Furthermore, you need to appreciate some ETFs, such as the Invesco QQQ Trust (QQQ), that track NASDAQ 100. Therefore, if you prefer trading such ETFs, it is essential to check their respective trading hours. For example, you can trade QQQ on the NASDAQ exchange the following hours:
- Pre-market trading hours starting from 4:00 am to 9:30 am. ET.
- Market hours are starting from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm. ET.
- After-market hours, starting from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm. ET.
Expert Trading Tips for NASDAQ 100 Index
When trading NASDAQ 100 stocks, you need to be patient and disciplined. Even before entering a trade, it is paramount to understand how much you are willing to risk and have a reasonable expectation. Here are some expert tips to help you trade USA tech 100.
- Limit Your Risk Exposure
Trading NASDAQ 100 is a risky undertaking. Therefore, you should always use a stop-loss order for every trade to reduce the risk. Also, experts recommend considering keeping the risk exposure to less than 2% on all your open trades.
- Pick a Good Risk to Reward Ratio
Before entering a trade, always decide the preferred risk-reward ratio. This is a ratio of how much you are risking against the targeted reward, and it is advisable to keep it positive. Good examples of risk-reward ratio would be something such as 1:2 or 1:3.
- Ensure to Have a Good Trading Broker
To successfully trade USA tech 100, you need to carefully select the broker to work with. A good broker should have a well-designed platform for market analysis, entering a trade, and exiting easy.
Other considerations to factor when selecting a broker are:
- Being focused on safety to protect traders’ deposits and information.
- All-round trading analysis to assist you to make the right decisions fast.
- The broker should also have multiple trading instruments, such as forex and SDS trading, to help you diversify your investments.
- Multiple options for depositing and withdrawing money.
In addition to these considerations, you might also want to check what other traders who have used the platform have to say. Pay close attention to experts, especially those who have reviewed the broker in comparison to others.
- Adopt a Strategy and Stick to It
While there are many strategies, such as scalping and swing trading, you should adopt the preferred option and stick to it. Furthermore, you need to regularly review your success using the strategy to pinpoint weak areas and work on them.
- Do Not Make Your Trading Decisions on Emotions
If you are tired, bored, or emotional, it is advisable to avoid trading because it’s easy to take bad decisions. You should also avoid following other people’s strategies because what worked for them might fail when applied by others. You need to be on top of your trading game all the time.
To successfully trade USA tech 100, it is prudent to understand the index well and adopt a good strategy. Whether you prefer the technical or fundamental trading strategy, make sure to have a good broker and progressively hone your skills.
DepositPhotos – tech investment