Call Center Software
Organizations may have in-house contact centers or outsource customer support. In either case, the priority is to deliver customer satisfaction. Sadly, according to surveys, 43% customers feel contact centers do not provide satisfactory service. 42% customers want fast resolution, 40% want quick answers, 40% want personal interaction and 39% want information they are looking for, 38% want multi-channel contact and 40% want to be treated with respect. 48% callers thought video files would help them and 36% customers would like video chat interaction. One can infer from these figures that if a contact center responds fast and provides required information with personal interaction, then a majority of customers are likely to be satisfied with their experience. This naturally leads to contact center solutions being state of art, equipped with an omnichannel facility as well as live chat and video calling.
Importance of live chat for contact centers
Contact centers serve enterprises that need inbound call service as well as outbound calls. The best contact center software includes live chat facility that benefits customers and call centers in several ways.
- There are immediacy and convenience from the customer perspective. A visitor to a website, for instance, may view an online live chat window and start talking instead of having to dial the helpline and be put in a queue or on hold for an interminably long time. He gets pointed information and it could lead to a buy or resolution of an issue. It is also usual for contact centers to send a log of the chat and there is a record at both ends, unlike telephonic calls in which the customer has no record. The contact center software may have a speech to text facility to provide the transcript.
- Call center and agents benefit by the use of live chat in that agents can handle multiple queries at one time and give immediate satisfaction on the first attempt. The chat can be transferred only to a skilled agent right from the start. Live chat is web-based and this results in cost reductions since telephonic calls reduce. Mobility features in the solution permit the agent to handle the chat even when he is not in the office. One of the biggest advantages of AI endowed contact center solutions is that live chat overcomes language barriers through intelligent translations so contact centers can take care of inquiries or complaints from any part of the world. Then, there is continuity. Even if the internet connection is interrupted, it can be connected again and the chat can resume. Call centers also derive data; details about link through customer initiated the chat and number of visits to the website and the caller’s location. These metrics help them deliver better services to enterprise clients.
- Enterprises too benefit if they have live chat on their websites since it is easy for call centers to route calls to an executive seamlessly in the background. Questions are answered on the first attempt and this could translate to more conversions and higher sales as well as an improved brand perception.
Live chat is no doubt good but video chat and video calling can take contact center operations to the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
Video calling in call center software
Call center software that does not have video calling feature is just outdated given the fact that customers today delight in a face to face engagement. Compared to audio chats, the video is like an across-the-table conversation in which both can view each other’s expressions and gauge body language. Call center software with WebRTC powered video calling is a powerful tool with a number of benefits for callers and call centers.
- A caller or customer can use his mobile phone to initiate or receive a video call. WebRTC powered video calls do not require users to install any software or plugins since it works in a browser and that makes it easy to start a video chat. WebRTC video in contact center operations has other features too. A caller can show a defective product and ask for a solution. He may be able to show invoice as proof of purchase or even share them while the call is in progress. He can view the agent’s expression and responsiveness. In the majority of cases, callers who use video chats are satisfied with outcomes.
- Agents too leverage the power of video in the interaction to deliver a video within a video to show a caller how a product works or how to resolve an issue. He can gauge the caller’s mood by watching his expressions and tailor his delivery accordingly. Just as the caller can use a mobile phone, the agent too can use his mobile device to give an immediate resolution regardless of whether he is in an office or not. Agents love the personal interaction and do better with live video calling and this leads to satisfaction and overall improvements.
- Call centers with software incorporating WebRTC video chat and live chat can use simple hardware like a computer with a video camera, mic, and headset and do away with expensive IP phones. In fact, mobility features mean that call centers may have agents working in remote locations or from home, capable of 24×7 services.
- Live video chats create a compelling experience for callers, often converting them into customers and this benefits enterprise clients of call centers. Their image and reputation improve and they have customer loyalty.
Existing call centers would do well to make the switch to software that incorporates both these features. Upcoming call centers can jumpstart top services at least initial capital outlay by preferring Hodusoft’s contact center software.