Strategic technology transformation trends in enterprises are going to open the door to opportunities and competitive advantages. Enterprises are grappling through a dramatic change and traditional enterprises are not immune to this revolution. Enterprise management gets versatile to cope up with the upcoming challenges like emerging technologies, disruptive technologies, and business insights.
Software companies are also feeling the heat of transformation and are going through dramatic changes. This transformation compels them to take necessary measures in their products and services to harmonize with the innovative applications in order to maximize the ROI. The context-aware mobile apps, internet of things, 3D technology, Business Intelligence, and enterprise social networking, and the cloud technology are the major forces that drive organizations.
Moreover, the company’s CEOs, CFOs and executive level personnel should understand the importance of implementing innovative technologies into their IT infrastructure. Organizations also should not overlook to embrace the seamless working methodologies within the context of their overall business goals. This is how traditional enterprises can improve core processes, products and services with efficient machines, and adding experts into their workforce for research, and innovation.
When it comes to intelligent systems, the data used in the infrastructure can be converted into insights and action. They are very much cautious about the latest trends in the coming year and make their plan accordingly. In Gartner Symposium/ITxpo 2013, senior business and IT strategists gathered for the insights, tools and solutions needed for their enterprise’s success in the future.
The Gartners survey suggests that up till 2018, everything everywhere strategies for mobility may be unachievable. Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) will surely rise and will be the most successful program for the mobile workforce. To build a perfect enterprise environment, your entire staff would carry a standard mobile device that could be managed without any difficulty and could be operated successfully on a single platform. Moreover, the companies should define a BYOD policy while keeping certain security concerns in mind.
#2. Diversity in Mobile Device Management
MDM has been unclear and vast, encompassing an extensive array of tasks that ranges from mobile asset inventory and provisioning to software circulation and protection. The smart organizations do not put into practice hastily but they make a plan that actually fits their industry needs. They will make strategies and find out the best solutions, be it is MDM or EMM (Enterprise Mobility Management).
#3. Trends for Mobile Applications
#4. The Internet of Everything
The internet has become the most powerful communication medium for the enterprise. If this trend continues, it will change the customer’s behavior. The internet of everything encompasses both the vertical and the horizontal products and services. The survey identifies that the four basic usage models to the internet of everything (People, things, information, and places) are Manage, Monetize, Operate, and Extend.
#5. Personal cloud, external private cloud, and their Architecture
Bringing the personal and private cloud together in a new form called “Hybrid cloud” is essential for the enterprises. These days trend of designing personal cloud services with hybrid features is catching momentum in the enterprises. Gartner projects more cloud computing services that make mobility available anytime, anywhere. Cloud computing is a technology transformation that can have an important next generation implication to the end users in coming years.
- Cloud/client computing – Shift in technology enables the enterprises to take initiatives. Cloud/client computing models are shifting. Mobile phone users continue to demand more intricate usages on their mobile devices, hence driving a need for higher levels of server-side computing and storage capacity to cope up with the changing mobile technological scenario as noted by Gartner. This is why state of the art architecture is needed for the complex demands of the enterprises.
- The Era of Personal Cloud – In the personal cloud, the users’ mindset has changed and it is inclined from devices towards services. The specifics of the devices will become less important in comparison with the services. With the personal cloud, enterprises could decide what data to put there and with whom to share it. When you have implemented your personal cloud to store your confidential data, it can provide total security and confidentiality of your data.
- Software-defined anything (SDx) – Virtualization has changed almost everything. It includes various pursuits like OpenStack, OpenFlow, the Open Compute Project, and Open Rack, which share similar visions. Software Defined Anything corresponds: Total abstraction, SDX with Virtualization. While openness will usually be a claimed vendor’s goal, various interpretations of SDx definitions may perhaps be anything but open. Vendors of SDN (network), SDS (storage), SDDC (data center), and SDI (infrastructure) technologies are all attempting to maintain control within their respective domains. The organization which is dealing with infrastructure, specifically in the IT sector, may or may not adhere to the standards which have the opportunity to reduce margins and open wider competitive opportunities, even though the customer will benefit by ease-of-use, cost decline and consolidation effectiveness.
- Web-Scale IT – IT establishments should align with Web-Scale IT and outdo the processes, architectures, and practices. The leading cloud providers like Amazon, Salesforce.com, and Google Plus have made the web more researched and more lucrative for the enterprises. These major companies will leave no stone unturned when it comes to re-inventing the way in which IT services can be delivered.
- Smart Machines – Garner predicts that smart machine era will blossom in 2020. With a proliferation of the contextually aware, intelligent personal assistants, advisors, and autonomous vehicles, the industrial context will be changed. Meanwhile, it will give birth to a new era of industrialization with smart machine operations, hence enforcing the consumerization in the enterprises.
- 3-D Printing – The development of 3-D printers is projected to be 75% more in the coming year and about to touch 200% mark in 2015. This inclination is due to the cost effectiveness of the printing technology and their wider usages in the enterprises.
Connect with Tweak Your Biz:
Would you like to write for Tweak Your Biz?
An outstanding title can increase tweets, Facebook Likes, and visitor traffic by 50% or more. Generate great titles for your articles and blog posts with the Tweak Your Biz Title Generator.
Get Featured On Tweak Your Biz – #TYBspotlight