Point Of Sale systems, since the starting of their sale, has been one of the most useful technological advancements in the retail industry. It has provided a stable platform to automate all the manual processes in the industry, hence providing a better and more profitable business model. But many people fail to understand that not every POS system is made of every business. You need to understand the different types of Restaurant POS Hardware before you can choose which one’s are the best for your business model.
There are various types of systems that are used in the retail industry. Each one of them focuses on one or another aspect of the industry. From ordering to payment, there is a solution for every point of your business. So, let’s take a look at some of these solutions and find which one is the best for your business.
Restaurant POS System
Before moving forward you should know the basic first. A POS system is a piece of hardware working with compatible software to automate various basic and complex processes of your business. There are multiple levels of every business and for each level, there exists a proper tool in the system, which makes the work for you as well as your employees are much easier.
Here we are going to discuss various Point of Sale hardware for restaurants. From placing the order to inventory management & payments to billing, there is a lot of work that needs to be done in the culinary industry. This software can help you with all these things with distinguished types of features target specifically to tackle each of them.
Different Types of Restaurant POS Hardware
The restaurant business is one of the most versatile types of business in the entire globe. No matter where we go, we find different mindset as well as different methods of payment, order as well as communication methods in each restaurant. So, for all these versatile environments, there are a number of different dedicated systems in the market.
We are going to unravel some of them and see which one is going to suit you the best:
Point Of Sale
A restaurant POS system is a collective hardware and software solution that provides you functions such as payment acceptance, inventory management and much more. This type of system helps you in increasing your business marginally by automating various processes that were manually handheld up to now.
It helps a business in multiple ways like helping you in billing, diminishing human errors, etc. These are some of the features that you should expect:
- Omnipayment Acceptance: Accepting all types of payment methods (Wallets, Credit & Debit Cards, Cash, QR, etc) in a single platform.
- Reporting: Reporting is a huge part of payment management as well. It makes sure that all the transactions are properly recorded and stored in the servers and could be retrieved properly.
- Analytics: You can retrieve all the saved data and statistics of your business via cloud analytics. It also helps in forecasting your sales and purchases via automatic algorithms.
- Inventory Management: Inventory management is something that every business needs, especially the restaurant business. The feature helps you manage, count and forecast all the raw items used in your organization.
- Workforce Management: Workforce Management means how efficiently you can manage your employees. This feature helps you easily monitor the in-out time, working hours and feedbacks of your employees in one place.
Self Ordering Kiosk
It is one of the more advanced, hence a modern way to take orders from your customers. In this Restaurant POS Hardware, customers can place their order directly into the machine and could pay for the same themselves as well. It automates all the manual processes to give you a faster and more efficient way of ordering. These are some of the perks that a self-ordering kiosk provides:
- Cut the Queues: Having a kiosk system in your restaurants help you cut the queues in your restaurant. You can put the kiosk at the entry, counter, table or multiple areas to disperse the customers and have a quick ordering environment in your restaurant.
- Less Pressure on Employees: By applying multiple self-ordering systems, you can lower the pressure on your employees. They don’t have to give their time on taking orders, therefore they can do other work more quickly and efficiently.
- Time Management: Time is again a very precious thing for any business. The use of these types of firmware can ensure that you can utilize your time more efficiently. Not only at the time of order, but you will also find time-saving at the time of payment and report generation as well.
- Diminishing Human Errors: The most important factor that it brings on the table is to eliminate human error. As the ordering process goes on, manual orders face human errors many times, but due to the use of kiosks, the probability diminishes to almost none.
Receipt & Kitchen Printers
Receipts are an important part of the restaurant business as it helps to maintain regularity in the data at business’ as well as customers’ end. So, it’s important for the system to provide a viable solution to this problem as well. Hence, the hardware for receipt and kitchen prints are also developed by merchant providers to help you with the same. These are some of the major features that you can expect from this hardware:
- Portable Printing: This is one of the most important aspects of this hardware. It provides you the functionality of printing your receipts anywhere, even on the go as well. The smaller size and lightweight ensure that you are able to print the receipts anywhere anytime.
- Real-Time Operation: Real-time operating capability of these printers help them avoid any discrepancies in the data. It allows the business to tackle irregularities in the data even after printing the data.
- Kitchen Printing: These printers also help in printing the kitchen. If your business is in the culinary field, then the kitchen is your playground. There you need the most capable of your employees to handle the taste and flavors. But as a businessman, you also need a proper transmission of information as well. Here you can use these printers for additional access and information exchange.
Kitchen Display Screens
Kitchen Display screens are not that new thing but it is a viable aspect of your business. For the proper exchange of data and to cancel out any information gap. This Restaurant POS Hardware allows you to show all the ordered items from the table to the kitchen itself. Here you can easily control and management which table ordered what and in which order the dishes are going to be served. Following are the primary features of Kitchen Screens:
- Remove Discrepancies: it helps in creating regularity among all the phases of ordering, from counter to the kitchen. Also, you can easily change the order quickly and more efficiently. Any change happening at one end will quickly reflect back to the other.
- Diminish Customer Waiting: Customer waiting time is an important factor in the food serving industry. Waiting time for any dish is hugely cut off by quick follow through with this firmware. You can place an order at one kiosk and it will be reflected in real-time.
- Better Communication: It is also a better means of communication between the customers and the kitchen. This screen is also used to give instructions to the kitchen team about any specific order.
- Raw Resources Management: Resources management has a big part to play in restaurants as well. Because of its real-time capabilities, resources can be prepared for future orders as well. If a chef sees multiple items of the same type on the screen, he or she can prepare and manage materials more quickly and efficiently.
As the final words, we can assure you that if you are a restaurant owner, you must get a Point of Sale system for your restaurant as soon as possible (if you don’t have one already). But, not only that, but you must also carefully choose which are the hardware and accessories you need. As we have already shown you, there are multiple types of Restaurant POS Hardware from which you can choose the best for the business.
After reading this article, you can make sure you choose all the essential systems as per your business. Now, there is only one thing for you to do, Find the Best Restaurant Point of Sale Merchant Provider and help your business grow more.