Have you unintentionally deleted an important document? Even removed those files from the recycle bin by pressing the shift and delete keys together. And, now seeking to answer the questions like how to restore permanently deleted files or how to recover permanently deleted files from PC? There is no need to panic because there are various ways the user can recover permanently deleted files. These are the detailed methods that allow its users to recover deleted files from Windows 10 with ease. Let us discuss some of the ways for solving the mystery of How to recover permanently deleted files?
But before embarking on the methods to recover permanently deleted files, let us have a brief discussion on the reasons that resulted in the permanent deletion of the files from PC.
Some of The Major Reasons For Permanently Deletion of Files
The following are some of the common reasons:
- Deletion of the files by pressing key Shift+Delete key combinations.
- Intentionally or unintentionally emptying the recycle bin.
However, several secondary causes can result in permanent deletion of the files:
- Corruption of the files due to malware or virus attack.
- Deleting the files when the “Do not move deleted files to Recycle Bin” feature has been disabled.
- Erasure of the user account from the computer’s drive can permanently delete all the relevant files.
- Most of the files do not rest in the trash bin; they circumvent it.
- Deletion of a file by using a command line.
How to Restore Permanently Deleted Files from PC?
Following enlisted methods will help you to recover permanently deleted files:
1. Recover Deleted Files Windows 10 from Recycle Bin
This is the primary method to restore permanently deleted files from the PC. You have to perform the following enlisted steps for seeking the answer to the question “How to restore permanently deleted files?”
- Double click on the recycle bin icon.
- Find and then see the files that need to be restored. However, for selecting multiple files at a time, press Ctrl and Shift at a time.
- Right-click on the selected files and folders and choose the restore option. This method will help to recover deleted files from Windows 10 to their original destination folder. Moreover, you can drag the file from the new location.
- Check whether the file has been restored to the original or new destination folder.
2. Recover Permanently Deleted Files Using Previous Back-up Versions
This can be a prominent solution for the question like “How to restore permanently deleted files?” Users can retrieve all the permanent deleted files using a feature called “Restore Previous Version.” It enables the user to restore the previous back-up versions of deleted files and documents. But, you can use this feature if you have already activated it in computer settings.
To recover deleted files windows 10 for free, you have to follow enlisted steps:
- Tap on the start icon and Open the Start menu.
- With the help of the keyboard, type “System protection” and press the Enter key.
- Under Security Settings, select the desired hard disk and click on the Configure option.
- Choose “System Security Turn-on,” followed by option YES.
- The user can use the “Restore Previous Versions” feature to recover permanently deleted files in their previous state.
- Right-click on any of the files and then go to the “Previous Versions” tab, followed by selecting the desired version the user wants to restore.
3. Recover Deleted Files Windows 10 by Using Windows File Recovery Application
The free command-line application from the Microsoft App Store is one of the Windows file recovery programs. It allows its user to restore various types of files from the PC which were unintentionally deleted.
Users can recover permanently deleted files, videos, images, etc., with this tool’s help. It can be used for data recovery from the external and internal hard disks. However, before using any third-party software to recover data, you should consider this Microsoft recovery application.
4. How to Recover Permanently Deleted Files from PC using Command Prompt Method
Generally, users do not prefer this method because of its complexity. But, it is one of the methods to recover permanently deleted files or restore lost data. The following steps need to be performed:
- Open the Command Prompt dialogue box on the computer display.
- Press the Y key till the command line reappears.
- Type the drive letters followed by pressing the Enter key.
- Enter the command as drive letter: attrib –h –r –s/s/d*.*.
- These commands result in displaying hidden file folders that contain permanently deleted files. However, the filenames appeared in generic form, and it can be hard to check whether the user has restored the desired file or not.
5. Using Google Drive – Best Method to Recover Deleted Files Windows 10
Every user has their google accounts that offer amazing tools to manage office tasks like an expert. Moreover, google drive has the feature of storing and syncing the device data to the Google Cloud.
In simple words, if you are looking for the solution of how to restore permanently deleted files, then go to your google drive and search the desired file for restoration at a click.
Events like unintended permanent deletion of files are significant. Fortunately, we have various simple and secure methods to recover permanently deleted files. Users can recover the permanently lost data by keeping the updated back-up of the important files.
Also, for setting up the files’ back-up, users can rely on cloud storage or local hard drives.
Alternatively, File History, Command Prompt method, or using third-party top10pcsoftware can also enact as the promising solutions for the arising issues like How to recover permanently deleted files from PC?
Hope it helps.
Thanks for reading!
deleted data concept -DepostPhotos