The digital shift has become undeniable and more important after the COVID pandemic. Almost all industries have made the transition from traditional business mediums to online space. Initially, this transition seems complex and fraught with challenges but the digital world offers a greater canvas for companies to play around, hitting the bull’s eye by turning leads into conversions.
That said, the real estate sector is about the look and feel of the space, faced a tough time selling properties digitally as this meant convincing potential customers to lock in a property without visiting the actual site. Nevertheless, in a few years, a huge digital real-estate market has mushroomed successfully managing their work and minting money through a mix of real estate marketing strategies.
Small property dealers still operating with the brick-and-mortar model wonder how to break into this space and market new homes. To make this process seamless, here are a few key pointers/suggestions that can be followed by real estate agents to work virtually.
Creation of an Online Presence and Unique Offerings
The first and foremost step to develop an online presence is to work on developing a website. For this, decide the theme and create a portfolio of the properties that you want to cover. The key point to note here is that of the quality of pictures and video. As this is a virtual world, customers are more attracted to websites that offer a high-definition experience.
- 3D walkthrough experience: Several successful real estate portals have made a mark in the real estate space by offering a 3D walkthrough experience. For this, technologies such as augmented reality and virtual reality are adopted. It is a modern solution where customers and tenants can look around a property having an immersive experience through mobile or computer screen. 3D models for floor plans and complete houses are designed to offer customers life like a home tour.
- Property software’s for VR effects: Google offers various software that can be bought basis your need and business-type.
- Schematic floor plans: Through this software, property agencies can provide users with a real-time understanding of the property dimensions and layout.
- 3D floor plans: Several website-based floor plan drawing tools are available in the market each offering a different level of skill set. Software like Sketchup is easily accessible both by professionals as well as beginners. Other software such as AutoCAD is suitable if you plan on hiring an architect or designers to get your 3D floor plans made.
Major advantages of 360 virtual tour technology:
- Accessibility and global client base: Property dealers that rely only on pictures on their platforms lose potential revenue. But, with 3D’s life-like view of the property buying decisions are made quicker which eventually turns to conversion. Through pictures, it becomes difficult to understand room dimensions, floor plans, and the placement of rooms. Virtual staging of your product creates a global footing and offer a large client base.
- Efficient use of workforce: With virtual tour experience through augmented reality, the workforce can be used productively for other pursuits such as continuing with traditional marketing campaigns and advertisements. Ample time would be saved in site visits and meeting clients for negotiating.
Sound Digital Marketing Strategy
After doing the background work and setting up the website, the next major step is to develop a sound digital market strategy. Digital marketing offers a wide spectrum of facilities that can be chosen basis on your business type. For instance, search engine optimization (SEO) can be adopted to improve the ranking of your website. This could be essential given that search results on the first page of google search are more likely to be get clicked on. Therefore, the right strategy to suit your needs has to be identified. Other than this, a mix of digital marketing techniques such as social media management, blog posts/ guest posts for
Content is king. As the saying goes, the word of mouth has shifted to online content. Creating engaging content on your property on the website and other channels such as social media will act as fire. The game of hashtags and quotes has to be strong. Usage of the right hashtags that are aligned to your business and that are highly searched by the user must be monitored.
It is not clear that digital presence plays a key role in influencing buyer decisions. But in this competitive world, digital channels to keep on changing their algorithms. Therefore, a mix of digital and traditional property marketing techniques will help in the long-run.
Search for real estate online -DepositPhotos