As entrepreneurs, we rely majorly on long trips for business meet-ups, conferences, and seminars. More and more, it is becoming impossible for marketers and company owners to run from one meeting room to another. Since we are following social distancing, it becomes very essential to realize the value of the gradual shift we are making from physical events to virtual ones. If you are too prone to travel hours for industry conferences, then you need to shift your attention towards the virtual power.
Due to global lockdown, many businessmen have converted their onsite events into virtual meetings. Even the established names like Facebook canceled its F8 software developing conference event. Likewise, Google switched to virtual events for the Google Cloud Next 2020.
Many people are put off of flying in the current climate and canceling travel plans. Instead, they are signing up for virtual sessions. You can say it like instead of a crowded conference room, where you launch a product and half of the crowd is engrossed in finding a seat for themselves, how about watching live product demonstrations from home with complete attention. After all, the focus is to share the limelight on work and not on traveling a location.
Since we notice many companies canceling their plans and events, we are likely to recommend the other way round. Do not cancel your events! Not because they must not be delayed, but because your brand and its services should keep floating around during the adverse times too.
With the right approach, you can still develop massive results from virtual events. Let us understand how virtual events can maximize the outcomes for your business objectives.
Virtual Events – Company Responses
Online events aren’t a new thing in the market. However, converting a large conference into a remote event isn’t an easy task. Fortunately, some business events had a backup plan ready to put to execution. For instance, companies like the Open Compute Project (OCP) shifted its Global Summit into a virtually organized event.
Therefore, the attendees will participate in one-on-one sessions and be actively involved in any part of the world.
Another example is of the Geneva International Motor Show, which was called off in Switzerland. Instead, it was pre-recorded and live-streamed in press conferences. Attendees can see the visuals of the show as per their convenience.
One of the big names is IBM’s Think Conference, which also conducted its event on digital grounds. The event included live-streaming content and interactive sessions. And lastly, NVidia, too, was among the big names which went uniquely digital over its GTC Conference 2020. However, there are a few handfuls of industry conference events that were canceled.
This time has changed the buyer’s behavior for both B2B and B2C. You might have concerns if your conference was to generate leads. We are acquainted with attracting clients through real events; however, we are still not sure about the virtual pathway. There are certain tricks that you can use to tackle the situation in such times of adverse conditions. It would be best if you had these factors to succeed in the virtual events.
- Business objectives to guide your event
- A strongly-felt message and a compelling storyline
- Focused customer experience
- Clean and crisp video designing
- Organized virtual execution
Before organizing an event, be it physical or virtual, you must have made anticipations based on engagement, ROI, goals, and executive mode. It is vital to carry the same tactics for virtual events too. Gone are the days when PowerPoint presentations would decide the future of your business. There’s an opportunity for newness and innovation, even on virtual platforms. Companies make serious efforts to create an impactful experience for the remote audience n virtual conferences.
Event Planning and Production
You need to sketch the planner for virtual events for the physical ones. But since we have less practice of the first one, it becomes a constant question as to what will be the best way to have a successful virtual event to maximize outcomes. Event marketing is usually about exceptional implementation and more significant results. You must satisfy the audience to yield satisfactory results for yourself. Ensure that the event is impactful enough to make a maximized outcome. Nobody likes a dull conference event, and it must engage the audience along the way. You can have a Q&A session time at the end of the conference.
Virtual Ideas and Examples
People already use webinars and spend plenty of time online, so shifting to a virtual event is no big move. However, some companies have invested time in increasing their engagement by using unique ways. Let’s sneak into how organizations have made virtual events a new fashion. Some collaborate with local events with online offers. Industry conferences also work with multi-session activities with webinars. Many companies aim at the audience that has already shown interest in their products and services. The top virtual ideas are listed below:
- Pre-recorded videos: Whatever comes at convenience always wins us. Give your target leads to access to pre-recorded videos so they can watch anytime from anywhere. Create an idea that combines brand components, natural tone, compelling content, and convenient outreach.
- Informative content: Conferences happen for a cause to inform. However, it should not lose the interest of the participants. Seek a chance to produce 2D or 3D content to gain attention and reduce production costs. Create a walk-through set up that brings ease.
- Live-streaming: Remote audience should have a benefit of live-streaming, so they don’t miss any opportunity for the virtual event. Live streaming is one of the best ways to keep your audience engaged. They can ask questions too through the community format and stay involved.
- Panel and forums: Host an online panel for live Q&A sessions, create team workshops or share solution-based demonstrations for answering questions of your virtual participants.
Virtual Events – Best Practices
People flock around the events that have newness and innovation. The crowd should be of high-potential (networking leaders) to influence others to be a part of the event. Some of the best practices are as follows:
- Generate brand visibility and interest in the audience
- Create a virtual event marketing strategy that runs parallel to your objectives
- Pick technological tools ad formats wisely to convey your message.
- A unique and moving video script to attract attendees
- High-quality animations and graphics are a must-have
Do not cancel your events without planning a virtual one. Instead, club the plan of physical function into a virtual one as much as possible to replicate the idea. The notion of “out of sight, our mind” is true. You must be virtually present, especially during a crisis, when physical presence is a dream.
Virtual events have plenty of benefits, like flexibility, time-saving, cost-effectiveness, and innovation. With the right use of tools and techniques, you can run a great show on virtual platforms too ensuring a fruitful result.
video conferencing – DepositPhotos