Even 5 years ago, social media was considered to be a novelty, a status symbol. But not anymore! Their importance is no longer debated. We have realized the potential of social media marketing. In fact, it has become the main ingredient of the PR and marketing mix.
As per statistics, 86% of marketers say social media is a MUST.
89% of marketers state their business experienced a better exposure with social media communications!
- Better exposure
- Increased traffic
- Interactive customer base
- Leads get generated
- Better search ranking
- New business partnerships
- Low marketing cost
- Better and improved sales
Social Media is the Game Changer!
It is just but obvious that Social Media will continue to have a bigger and better impact on your business in 2016. Social media has crossed the professional barrier and can influence your consumers on a personal level and that too on a daily basis. Compared to traditional marketing Social Media Communications is Super Powerful and highly Potential!
- It is seen that companies that use social media are better with consumer recognition than those who are skeptical of using the media.
- If you use social media as part of your digital marketing tricks, you can expect a growth of 1.5 to 2 times more than those who don’t.
Popular Social Media and interesting statistics!
- More than 1.26 billion users
- 23 billion Monthly active users
- 128 million daily active users
- 2nd largest social media
- The major impact in Search Engine Results
- Popular than television
- Upload any content
- Higher viewership across the globe compared to other video-based sites.
- Largest professional business network
- More than 1 lakhs individuals registering every week
- Fastest growing social network as of now.
- 88% rise in membership
- 74% rise in membership
Mobile: with smartphones becoming the norm of the day, there is an increase in the number of individuals logging in to social media sites.
60.3% to 818.4 million rises in the last 2 years.
Older user adoption: as per research 79% of the users fall in the 55-64 year age bracket. It seems the elder generation is picking up social media etiquettes fast!
Social is not the END of the journey. You need to make sure that your chosen SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNEL works HAND IN HAND with the other marketing and PR strategy so that you can cover all the areas and achieve the desired success!
Some of the areas that you can integrate include:
- Email Marketing with your ever-increasing email list
- Search engine optimization or
SEOas it is more popularly known
- Event marketing both speaking and marketing
- Direct Mail to all your clients
- Online ads like Google Adwords
- Display ads in Print Media
- Marketing through mobile games
- Radio/TV Ads
Sharing is indeed caring!
Install the social “share” buttons for users on your website so that they can share the content they like. It sounds very basic but there are many out there who still are not making use of this factor. Don’t forget to add social network links in your email signature as well.
When you use Social media communication as a tool, you end up with:
- Be found!
- A stronger bond with your consumers
- It helps to boost sales
- You can share your expertise and skill
- Build a new customer base
- Get customer feedback instantly
- Free mouth to mouth publicity
- You get to build a community