With the changing times and needs of the business world, Human Resources has become an integral part of the structure of any organization. As the customers are important to the company, as are the employees important to the Human Resources department of that company. They are responsible for an effective environment in the work-place that sustains and creates at the same time a healthy work-energy for all the employees. Thus, the growth of any company is directly related to how well the Human Resources department works.
Alliance Recruitment specializes in providing HR Advisory Services that benefit the company as well as job seekers.
The Qualities of an Excellent HR Professional
1. Leadership: The first and foremost quality is that of leadership, which is given because a good HR Professional needs to lead all the employees collectively towards excellence in their respective areas of work.
2. Talent Management: A good HR Professional is always on the lookout for employees’ talents being used in an optimal way. They make sure if a task is being given to the most suitable person.
3. Communication: A very important part of Human Resources is a healthy conversation between the employees and them. A good HR, therefore, is easy to talk to if any employee needs any grievance redressal or simply needs to report anything.
4. Organization: Well organized structures, not rigid, are important when it comes to an easy mechanism of a business. A great HR Professional always pre-plans and organizes every task because preparedness is a pre-requisite for this profile.
5. Problem Solving: This is a majorly needed quality in an HR Professional. A big part of their jobs goes into resolving conflicts, either intradepartmental or otherwise. Conflicts are bound to happen naturally in many work environments but a good HR professional knows how to foresee and conflict and resolve if any occurs.
How Can You Become an Outstanding HR Professional?
Now that we have acquainted ourselves with the qualities of an outstanding HR Professional, let us see how to incorporate some habits and skills that will help in becoming the best among the best.
Make lists and plan every day in advance: Short-term goals are extremely integral to aiming for a long-term goal. Plan every day ahead and distribute the work accordingly.
Time management: Segregate and divide your work, prioritize, and get started. This way, the most important task will get the most time, and so on.
Build trustworthy relations: As an HR Professional, it is highly significant that you build good relations in the organization with employees which they can trust you. This is an abstract goal but it helps achieve the long-term aims of the company.
Hire the best: Do not always calculate the cost per hire as a parameter of success. Quality of the employees matters more in an overview.
Focus on your skills: Take some time to know your area of specialization and work more on it. This will keep you at par with excellence and also make you stand ahead of the crowd. Follow the “One Hour Career rule” in which you should spend at least an hour weekly to update yourself in terms of your career.
Flexibility in structures: Power in a big firm usually is exerted hierarchically. But by bringing flexibility in small ways in the structures, you can make the employee feel better about his or her position. It also makes the work environment more soothing and friendlier.
Stay updated: In a world that is highly dynamic, it is important to be updated with the latest technology and trends in the area of interest and thus making the rest of the team prepared to be on the top as well. There are new things coming into the digital market almost every day. Use them to their best potential.
Regular Feedback system: In the field of Human Resources, the word Feedback plays a crucial role. Try to create the best system for feedback from employees on a regular basis. Your work can progress only when you know what is happening around you in your job. Chart out the deviations between your expectations and the employees’ feedback. It will provide you with a better picture of the working conditions.
Special attention to the new employees: The new recruits of a company need extensive mentorship to get acquainted with the workspace. As an HR professional, it is necessary that you nurture them into the roles they would be playing.
Collaborate with all departments: Organize activities that involve other departments and build relations with them through these. Fun activities are an engaging way of building strong connections internally.
Widen your social circle: A good HR professional must have contacts with important and influential people. They also must have contacts with Business allies and potential investors. They must know how to get work done, and for that, they need to know people who can help.
To be an outstanding HR Professional, you need to start working on yourself first. Find inspiration from any source and build a good image of yourself which in turn will make you an inspiration for your team. This is a profile that needs continual learning and providing in the work environment. Follow these tips as well as keep learning and adapting to change.
Sunny Chawla is a Managing Director at Alliance Recruitment Agency. He specializes in helping client for international recruiting, staffing, HR services and Careers advice service for overseas and international businesses. He loves to share his thoughts from his blogs on best executive search dubai.
Human resources -DepositPhotos