Black Friday is the craziest and biggest retail shopping day in the United States. Over the years, Black Friday has also extended its frenzy online. In fact, some of the largest companies in the United States have opted out and closed shop on Black Friday. Instead, all their deals have transitioned online. And this is a good chance for online marketers and site owners to take advantage of it.
If you’re a site owner, there is a tremendous potential for earning referral fees. Big e-commerce sites like Amazon lets you earn up to 15% per sale. Joining referral programs from various shopping sites will make you significant short-term income. Better start preparing as early to maximize the potential of generating referral sales.
Here are some tips to help you get ready to get those referral sales coming in:
Create a Dedicated Site
If you have an existing website, then this should never be a problem. What you have to do is to create a dedicated page where you can compile all your affiliate deals.
Check out , the ROI for every dollar spent on email marketing is $44. Hence, tapping this channel to generate income for your referral deals is one the best things you can do.
If you subscribe to Internet Marketing Black Friday, you will receive an email weeks before Black Friday. It helps inform subscribers that there are ongoing coupons and deal for digital marketing tools that people can buy as early as now.
Below are other ways to make email marketing effective:
- Gather and grow your email list. Black Friday is a long way, but this is the best time to start on gathering and building your database. People get tempted by the promise of getting exclusive updates on great discounts. You can create dedicated pop-ups for people to opt-in. You can also include links in your email signature or create opt-in options on your Facebook page.
- Create a well-executed yet straightforward email.Take a simple approach to your email campaign. Have a clear subject line and include a call to action to bring people to your discount landing page. Don’t forget to add an exceptional image. But, also remember not to take the attention away from the main topic – the deals that you offer.
- Personalize your message. According to UK Direct Marketing Association (DMA), 84% of consumers find emails uninteresting. The reason? They feel flat and impersonal. Create email campaigns using the personal data that you have from your recipients. Configure the message according to the profile and preferences of your audience.
Write a Blog Post About It
What’s the best way to announce to your audience and followers that you have a list of great discounts to offer? Yes, you write about it and let people know through a blog post. In 2017, MyUKMailBox wrote a blog post about the different deals in the United Kingdom. It helped them promote their services for people living outside the UK.
You can also do something like it. Write a compelling list of all the referral deals that you have. Explain what each site is all about and what kind of products the readers can bag from them. Of course, don’t forget to state how much discount each deal is offering. The most important thing is to include the links of your referral codes. Also, don’t forget to share the post on your social media platforms to get more visitors and expand reach.
Share the actual deals that you offer. But don’t share the landing page and think that your work’s done. Take your social media promotion to the next level. Here’s how:
- Create stunning visuals. We all know that social media posts with creative photos get more engagement. Create Black Friday deal images customized for each platform. Use free online tools like Canva. It lets you create graphics that are custom-fit for Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Customize your posts.Optimize your content to the platform where you are sharing your Black Friday deals page. Create attention-grabbing headline with a relevant image to pique people’s interest. Include a compelling description and use necessary hashtags to make it more discoverable.
- Share at the right time.Post content when your intended audience is online and active. This will get you the most engagement. It is better to create and compile scheduled posts to ensure that you have a post on time even when you are not online. Check out this infographic about the best time to post on different platforms.
- Take advantage of communities. Join and build your reputation in relevant communities. This gives you a great avenue to promote to a very targeted audience. Try communities like Social Buzz Club and Viral Content Buzz. They bring together content curators where you can enhance your social media promotion.
With these simple tips, we hope that we can be of help. Now, you plan how you can get started with your referral sales even if the year’s only starting. Gather those affiliate accounts and look for the best deals to share your audience. People are always on the lookout for a great bargain and markdown items. So, there’s no time better to start gearing up for the best Black Friday deals than today.