The healthcare industry is growing at a very high pace owing to the high level of technological advancements done by the private as well as public associations. Life science is such an industry in which conventional methods can hamper the quality of the service. Therefore, the incorporation of information technology in healthcare is very vital.
DevOps components utilize a set of cultural philosophies and practices to enable better venturing between IT teams and product development teams within a firm. The primary aim is to mend several features of software development and delivery, such as security, solution scalability, and customer satisfaction, gaining a competitive advantage over other market players.
Healthcare facilities such as hospitals have to comply with several regulations enforced by the government authorities. For hospitals, cloud-based solutions act as goldmines. Every healthcare business company or a facility has tons of data that need to be safely stored and should be available at any point in time with a single click. From patient records to employee workflow management, cloud solutions aid in almost every circumstance.
DevOps as a Service in Healthcare
After an in-depth review of the IT infrastructure, a company can use SalesforceDevOps as a service. The fundamental evaluation lies in whether the current infrastructure can process the big data generated by the solution. The conversion process does not involve any implementation of hardware, but only limited to web-based solutions. A company can use DevOps software for provisioning, monitoring, managing, and many other internal functions. It improves the delivery of value and boosts the product evolution process. Some of the benefits are listed below:
- Less investment in comparison to other traditional alternatives, and most of the time, it is a one-time investment providing a high return on investment.
- Moreover, there is no specialized personnel training involved.
- Scalability varies according to your needs, and you have the right to control this factor.
- Most of the time, data that is stored has to be accessed by many parties such as hospitals, regulatory authorities, and pharmaceutical companies. Owing to the ease of access to web-based solutions, DevOps increases the efficiency of the work of all the parties.
- As there is no physical component involved, the availability of the software solution is widespread.
- The mode of deployment is quick and permits a more straightforward configuration of the server.
- Multiple DevOps tools help in the reduction of the timeframe for a particular work by a high margin.
- Software developers have designed DevOps in such a way that this smart cloud solution facilitates mitigation of several security threats.
- Due to the nature of the DevOps solution, healthcare firms can tackle the requests of the customer in a better and efficient way.
- Provides high business agility to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology firms.
- Fastens the feedback process and curtails the feedback implementation circlets for faster delivery of valuable service to the customers.
Use of DevOps in Improving Patient Engagement
In the healthcare industry, patient engagement and satisfaction are critical. Tools such as Continuous Delivery (CD) and Continuous Integration (CI) leverage a microservices architecture preferred by most patients. Some of the examples include a new check-in system for patients in case of emergencies, efficient processing of inpatients. Also, implementation of a new feature on a patient portal for easy access to test records, and notifies when the results are out, is another example. Companies can also use DevOps tools to check for appointment availability with specialists and automatically notifies if there is any change in the schedule.
Healthcare organizations can deploy more techniques that improve operational efficiency and address the need of the patient effectively and in a timely fashion. The incorporation of such tools helps in carrying out the work at a higher rate in comparison with the traditional and conventional methods. It also does not affect any level of customer security, and the quality of the care a patient receives increases at a very high margin, thus increasing patient engagement and satisfaction.
Gaining Competitive Advantage Over Other Key Players in the Industry
In the healthcare industry, approval for an innovative product or a solution involved a lengthy procedure. You have to consider high stake security measures before launching the product commercially. Value-based care models have fortified venturing in upcoming know-hows only if they can establish their impact on quality care. Reduced time to launch the product in the market is a significant gain as healthcare firms start to implement similar tools in their digital methods and are in a continuous process of differentiating their products from the competitors.
Regulatory Compliance and Data Security
One of the first practices of the DevOps software is executing infrastructure as code. It comprises the utilization of configuration management techniques and employing environment and resource conception as code, which permits organizations to automate changes in the configuration by making it in a standard format. Companies have to follow compliances such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), among others, for better monitoring and minimizing any risk associated with the solution. Various third-party companies provide tests and verification features that can help in finding out any compliance bugs in your software solution. Such bug tracking systems are mostly present in all verification test and aid in fastening the process of full-feature testing as well as sanity testing. HIPAA compliance testing is mainly carried out to keep track of audit trials, user authentication, disclosure of any information, and any data transactions.
The integration of DevOps in a healthcare system aids in optimizing the operations of the hospitals by foreseeing the need for the assets. This solution also shortens the waiting time of the patient significantly, thus appealing more customers and increasing the target audience. DevOps tools do not hinder the back-end infrastructure of the company and do not disrupt any normal operations. Leveraging these tools of DevOps and implementing such initiatives can significantly help a healthcare company in increasing market shares substantially, keeping up in pace with other competitors.
DevOps Infinity Loop – DepositPhotos