AWS provides a broad range of database services to suit all application needs. These database services can be started quickly and are fully manageable.
AWS database services include:
- Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS) – supporting six widely used database engines
- Amazon DynamoDB – a quick and flexible NoSQL database service,
- Amazon Aurora – a MySQL-compatible relational database that delivers five times the performance
- Amazon Elasticache – an in-memory cache service with Memcached and Redis support.
- Amazon Redshift – a petabyte-scale data warehouse service.
AWS provides AWS Database Migration Service – a service that allows easy and economical to migrate databases to AWS cloud.
Amazon RDS is very easy to set up, run, and scale a relational database in the cloud.
- offers resizable and low-cost capacity while managing database administration tasks that consume more time,
- Amazon RDS offers six similar database engines to select from, including Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MariaDB, Amazon Aurora, MySQL, and PostgreSQL.
Amazon DynamoDB is a flexible and quick NoSQL database service for all applications that require single-digit, consistent millisecond latency at any scale.
- Completely cloud managed the database, supporting document and key-value store models.
- reliable performance and flexible data model makes it suitable for several applications such as IoT, mobile, ad tech, web, and gaming.
According to Forrester, Amazon DynamoDB is the most popular NoSQL cloud database.
- A build service that is fully managed, compiles source code, operates tests and creates deployable software packages.
- CodeBuild scales endlessly and processes several builds simultaneously, so the builds are not in the queue.
- Allows Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Pay as You Go
- Continuous Scaling
- Fully Managed Build Service
Management Tools in AWS
AWS offers a wide set of services for IT and System administrators to seamlessly manage and monitor –
- Infrastructure logs and metrics using alarms and real-time dashboards.
- Hybrid infrastructure resources
AWS also allows to track, monitor and enforce security and compliance.
Services Amazon EC2 Systems Manager: Configure and Manage EC2 Instances and On-premises Servers AWS CloudTrail: Track User Activity and API Usage AWS Config: Track Resource Inventory and Changes AWS Service Catalog: Create and Use Standardized Products AWS Personal Health Dashboard: Personalized view of AWS service health Amazon CloudWatch: Monitor Resources and Applications AWS Cloud Formation: Create and Manage Resources with Templates AWS OpsWorks: Automate Operations with Chef AWS Trusted Advisor: Optimize Performance and Security
Amazon CloudWatch is a monitoring service designed for AWS cloud resources and the applications operate on AWS. Amazon CloudWatch can be used to:
- Automatically react to changes in AWS resources.
- Collect, monitor log files and set alarms
- Collect and track metrics
Attain system-wide visibility into operational health, application performance, and resource utilization.
Amazon CloudWatch monitors AWS resources such as
- Amazon RDS DB instances
- Amazon DynamoDB tables
- Amazon EC2 instances
- Custom metrics or logs created by services and applications
AWS CloudTrail is a service that allows risk auditing, operational auditing, compliance, and governance of AWS account.
- Routinely monitor and retain events specific to API calls throughout the AWS infrastructure.
- Offers history of AWS API calls for your account, which includes API calls done through the AWS SDKs, AWS Management Console, command line tools, and various AWS services.
- Reduces troubleshooting, security analysis, and resource change tracking.
- Security Automation
- Visibility Into User and Resource Activity
- Security Analysis and Troubleshooting
- Simplified Compliance
Networking and Content Delivery in AWS
This ensures the provision of
- Global content delivery network (CDN) service that speeds up the delivery of video content, APIs, websites, or other web assets.
- The logically isolated section of the AWS cloud, where you can open AWS resources in a virtual network.
- Offer a more safe and economical way to route end users to web applications by translating names into IP address.
- Set up a dedicated network connection from a location to AWS.
Networking and Content Delivery in AWS
Services offered –
Elastic Load Balancing: High Scale Load Balancing Amazon Route 53: Scalable Domain Name System Amazon Cloud Front: Global Content Delivery Network AWS Direct Connect: Dedicated Network Connection to AWS Amazon VPC: Isolated Cloud Resources
Security, Identity, and Compliance
- AWS offers data center and network architecture built to meet the requirements of the most ***security-sensitive organizations***.
- The AWS cloud provides with a platform to scale and innovate, while still maintaining a secure environment.
- Pay only for the services been used.
Security, Identity, and Compliance Products
Amazon Inspector – automated security assessment service, that aids to enhance the compliance and security of applications deployed on AWS.
AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) – controls users access to AWS services. Allows to create, manage users and groups, and deny or grant access.
AWS Artifact – the portal offers on-demand access to AWS compliance and security documents (audit artifacts).
Amazon Cloud Directory – set up flexible cloud-native directories to organize hierarchies of data along numerous dimensions.
AWS Certificate Manager – seamlessly manage, provision, and deploy Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)/Transport Layer Security (TLS) certificates.
AWS CloudHSM – fulfill regulatory, contractual and corporate compliance requirements for data security by utilizing a dedicated Hardware Security Module (HSM). AWS Directory Service – allows AWS resources and directory-aware workloads to utilize managed Active Directory in AWS Cloud for Microsoft Active Directory.
AWS WAF – web application firewall that aids in protecting web applications from web threats that could eat up excessive resources, or compromise security, hinder application availability.
AWS has developed IoT specific services that assist to gather and send data to the cloud. The IoT services make it comfortable to load and analyze information and offer the capability to manage devices and stress on developing applications that suit the requirements.
AWS Greengrass helps to operate data caching, messaging and local computer for connected devices in a safe way.
AWS IoT Platform is a managed cloud platform that allows connected devices to interact with other devices and cloud applications securely and easily. AWS IoT can support many devices and a lot of messages.
AWS IoT Button is a programmable button that is based on the Amazon Dash Button hardware. The Wi-Fi device is effortless to configure. AWS IoT Button is offered to developers to use Amazon SNS, Amazon DynamoDB, AWS Lambda, AWS IoT, and several other Amazon Web Services labs without the need to write device-specific code.