71% of consumers expect companies to deliver personalized solutions and 76% of them get frustrated when it doesn’t happen. Content personalization is key to user satisfaction, loyalty, and retention, so investing in this process surely pays back.
Through a well-thought-out strategy and modern digital publishing solutions, publishers can significantly boost their KPIs. In this article, we’ll give you several tips and tricks to take content personalization to a brand-new level in 2024.
Content personalization is the practice of adjusting content to customers based on their personal traits, behaviors, expectations, and interests. In other words, it is the process when publishers alter their emails, messages, apps, websites, advertisements, and other types of content to the audience making it related to users’ wants and interests.
With personalized content, your customers get an improved user experience, find the necessary information faster, and leave the website satisfied, more willing to return in the future. By using data and modern technologies, publishers can provide visitors with content based on their needs which eventually results in higher conversion and revenues.
But it is easier to say than do, right? Don’t worry, we will supply this brief definition with the most viable strategies for your success in the upcoming year.
Building a content strategy, especially for such a demanding niche as publishing, is no joke. It requires a comprehensive approach and involvement of numerous professionals – from marketers and business analysts to software developers and SEO experts. Here are the main points your future strategy should include.
- Collecting reader data
Before building any content personalization strategy, you should gather as much insights about your customers as possible. Industry studies, offline events, website navigation, email surveys, social media comments – the more channels you use, the better results you get. Reader data can also be obtained from user registration and profile information, as well as preferences and history. But don’t forget that you should always act in a legal field and never use personal information without previous consent.
- Conducting behavior analysis
After collecting user information, you will also need to understand what your customers do and how they behave on the website. This data may include clicks, time spent on the certain pages, major types of consumed content, and so on. This information is priceless for understanding your audience behavior and offering them what they need.
- A/B testing
Split testing is a rather popular and effective marketing method that aims to define which of two versions of the product or software performs better. Its main goal is to understand how changes in the app, website, advertising, or content impact customers and what they think. A/B testing involves the following stages:
- Creating two versions of the content, element, page, etc.;
- Randomly assigning your customers to one of the versions;
- Gathering information about user interaction;
- Making conclusions;
- Implementing the model that performed better.
- Gathering feedbacks
Knowing what your users think about the publishing, website, or its separate elements is crucial for understanding whether you are going in the right direction. Always encourage customers to leave feedback through the website, email, social media, or another convenient channel. Add incentives like early-bird publications, discounts, or VIP memberships for motivation.
- Turning to professionals
Thanks to full cycle software development, publishers can get timely and competent help with custom web applications development, UI/UX design, business analysis, QA testing, and other crucial processes. Once picking a reliable company, you will get target results while having enough time for strategic matters.
Still doubt whether tailoring content to customers’ needs is important? Then let us enumerate the main benefits of personalization in publishing that you will get after putting in even a little effort:
- Better user involvement. Everything is quite straightforward – the more personalized content you provide, the happier and more engaged your customers are. They eagerly interact with your website or app and will, most likely, recommend it to their friends and relatives increasing traffic without additional efforts from your side.
- More content used. When publishers personalize content, the volume of consumed information increases. Customers stay longer on the website, visit more pages, and eventually engage in additional content they might not have discovered with a one-for-everyone website.
- High click-through rates. CTR indicates the number of clicks that your piece of content receives divided by the number of times it is shown. Click-through rate is a crucial marketing index which grows with personalized content because people are more eager to click on posts and articles if they align with their interests and preferences.
- Elevated user satisfaction. There are hundreds of zettabytes of information on the Internet and finding the necessary page would be impossible without personalization. If customers find value in your content, they will be satisfied and likely return in the future.
- Increased loyalty. The aforementioned benefit leads to improved retention – a process of turning first-time customers into regular ones. Personalized content is one of the best ways to build stronger bonds between visitors and your publishing, and surpass competitors.
- Higher revenues. By understanding what your customers want and need, publishers can create targeted recommendations, ads, and promotions that lead to better conversion and monetization. As a result of all the mentioned benefits, your publishing will witness impressive revenue growth that opens the door to business development and scaling.
In a time of technological discoveries and diversity, we’ve got used to finding any information in a matter of minutes, and if we fail, we feel frustrated and stressed. That’s why we appreciate brands that provide us with tailored, personalized experiences, saving us time and effort. That is why it is so important for publishing and other businesses to invest in content personalization, at the same time keeping user privacy and ethics in mind to maintain trust and a positive reputation.