The havoc wreaked by the global pandemic is a lesson for many, including the marketers who have understood that not having an online presence can prove detrimental to the growth of a business. Today, you need a website; it is no more a luxury. The digital environment is fast evolving, and you have to upgrade your marketing strategies to sustain the competition.
You can visit the market research tool platform to check which one suits your requirements the best.
Now, let us take a look at the ten top marketing trends that will be full-fledged brilliant for your business.
- Voice search optimization: Today, almost 48% of consumers have started using voice search for the usual web search. Voice search optimization is more targeted on long-tail keywords. It is more intent-driven, such as question queries having “why?” are widely seen nowadays. For instance, people type how to clean a dirty leather shoe? Instead of just leather shoes or dirty shoes. Searching trends have changed.
- Video marketing: With Instagram reels, Facebook watch, TikTok, YouTube shorts, and more coming into being, the craze for video-based content has increased by leaps and bounds. Experts opine that video marketing is the future, it will find prominence in 2022. If you want to create more short videos, good for you because if we talk about Instagram: it is more inclined towards supporting reels than anything else. In the future, email marketing campaigns will witness the inclusion of more video content, and personalized video content will be used more.
- Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality: Virtual reality is for the future. It is going to be a raging success in the years to follow. Marketing will find a whole new meaning with VR and AR. When it comes to 360-degree coverage of marketing, VR and AR will play pivotal roles. Already we have seen TopShop, Oreo, Sephora, and IKEA successfully incorporating these high-end technologies to attain greater reach.
- Conversational marketing: For a worthwhile impression of the customers towards your brand, the projection of a positive brand image is a must. Nothing can surpass conversational marketing. In fact, it will stay with you for years to come. Discuss the likes and dislikes of your customers through one-to-one live chat and understand what each customer is looking for. Engaging with each customer on a personal level.
- Influencer marketing: Influencer marketing is one of the most rapidly growing marketing trends right now. Various social media platforms have been at the core of this trend. Influencers have grown their fanbase in leaps and bounds. Influencer marketing is most effective when multiple social media channels generate video content regularly.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning: We are in the era of AI and machine learning. They are not just limited to programmers but now reach marketers as well. Human behavior dominates the marketing world. AI and machine learning can help understand the customers’ preferences to fine-tune marketing campaigns.
- Live streaming: It has been noticed that customers engage with a brand with live streaming. Live streaming helps brands to showcase their products and inherent values to customers. This helps in creating trust. Today, customers prefer the visual appeal and feel more comfortable making purchases when brands show their products in detail.
- Branded audio content: While the visual quotient in branding continues to remain at an all-time high, the audio channel is also very effective. Podcasts and social media audio create brand awareness that helps in marketing. Even search engines are now ranking audio content. The best example is the use of podcasts, which can significantly enhance recognition and build brand awareness among the masses.
SEO: In the world of online marketing, boosting website traffic organically through SEOwill never grow old. Organic is the way forward for all brands who want a solid flourishing space for themselves on the internet. Organic SEOhas a wide range of activities that need to be followed, like blogging, keeping a close watch on keywords, mobile-friendly websites, long-form content, artificial intelligence algorithms, etc.
- Inclusive Marketing: This is one of the holy grails of marketing today, where businesses create clear and effective content that essentially reflects the values practiced by various communities. Market studies show that consumers today prefer brands that actually “practice what they preach”. Being respectful to values, irrespective of race, gender, age, and income, is a norm now to be a successful business, and this is the essence of inclusivity. And inclusive marketing is the best tool to reach out to a much wider and more diverse base of potential customers
Sticking to marketing trends is essential today, to sail smoothly amidst rising competition. This is especially true after the impact of the pandemic. There is a clear need for making a good rapport with the consumers through proper marketing strategies, which further highlights the importance of these trends.