9 Free Copywriter Tips For You
When it comes to copywriting, we have to understand that we’re not talking about content writing. They are not the same. However they are connected!
Copywriting is the most important part of Content Writing. When we mention Copywriting, it means that we want to sell our Brand, Product or Service. But when we talk about Content Writing, we are promoting our brand, add value to it and disseminating it.
Here are some very important and simple tips.
- The most important thing always comes first. What the public should retain has to come first, so that we can capture their attention and keep them reading the remaining content. They have to realize immediately what we are talking about, and not have with the idea that we sell oranges, when in fact we sell orange juice. Be clear and do not waste time beating around the bush. Be honest!
- Be concise and brief. Use the simple way to express what you want to say Long texts will not be read by most people. Explicit information is demanded. Use underlining, caps lock, bold and different colors to highlight the essential parts and keywords. It will give a professional air and make the text more appealing to read.
- Use symbols to facilitate understanding of the text. They should follow everything you say. Direct the reader to where you want it to go. Use arrows, circles, etc.
- Add value with images, videos or other links you may want. Use single images created by you, and not images that are available for everyone on the Internet, that most of your readers have seen several times. Using data base images will only make the reader think that you did not spend time creating content relevant to him and instead chose the easiest way.
- Offer good content. The essence of the content should be a rich experience. If you want to sell a particular course, book, lecture, or other type of product, do not try to sell so directly. Recommend and advise!
- Add multiple links for other websites, that can explain help your article. Forward them there, eg “visit this site to understand products that helped me learn more.”
- Format the content. After writing the text, it will be necessary to format the content in order to make it more desirable to read. One of the things I hate is unformatted text. Even if the content is the best, I will not read more than the first two sentences, because it is hard to read when not formatted correctly.
- Never forget the title. The title content is one of the most important parts of any writing. Without an interesting and intriguing title, it won’t entice someone to read it.
- Choose to focus on helping your audience, instead of trying to sell your services/products. Sometimes you must help your audience for free, so you can earn their trust. That is really important! Do not forget that without your audience you are nothing. They can help you grow in 1 year, but they can kill you in 1 minute.
The above are the main tips that I find essential for any copywriter. But never forget, content is king!
Connect with Tweak Your Biz:
Would you like to write for Tweak Your Biz?
Tweak Your Biz is an international, business advice community and online publication. Today it is read by over 140,000 business people each month (unique visitors, Google Analytics, December, 2013). See our review of 2013 for more information.
An outstanding title can increase tweets, Facebook Likes, and visitor traffic by 50% or more. Generate great titles for your articles and blog posts with the Tweak Your Biz Title Generator.
Tiago Nogueira has a bachelor degree in Business Communication at the Institute of Accounting and Administration of Porto, with 16 points. He is currently a master's student in communication sciences at the University of Porto. Working in the School of Music, Art and Performance, at the Polytechnic Institute of Porto, in the Secretariat, Administration and Communication area. He is also ambassador at the World Startup Report in Oporto, where he developed a course on the profile of the entrepreneur, an area that interests him. Developed activities at the Center for Research and Innovation at the Polytechnic Institute of Porto, where he was awarded a scholarship for academic merit. Last year was part of the Educational Board of the Institute of Accounting and Administration of Porto, where he ran as coordinator of a group of students. He was an intern in Controsol, solar company in the business of decoration, which finished with 20 points. He volunteered at Polytechnic of Porto in the Project "Port of the Future", known as "Porto de Futuro" and he is Volunteer as Communicator at "Beating Autism", known as "Vencer Autismo", an ONG. Have training in the creation of pages in Wordpress and was present in several formations, namely: Conflict Management, Internal Communication, Corporate Communication and Organizational. Attended the training of TOPSIM - Change Management and made an intensive program erasmus on legal systems and rights of migrants in the European Union. Was involved in organizing various events, from social networks, to international conferences. His taste for Marketing, Communications and the Digital era, make him to study this subjects every single dayRead Full Bio