Why Your Campaign Should Start With Nurturing Employees
Behind every successful business are the people. When difficult times for your business come, there is nobody you can rely on to double their effort but your employees. It would be very difficult for a leader to ask them for high-quality results during tough times if you don’t know how to nurture them.
As an entrepreneur, you should recognize the great potential of your employees to take your business on top. Thus, you need to allow them to develop their potentials, have fun and help your company grow at the same time.
These are some reasons why it is important that you should start with nurturing your employees in
They Can Act As Your Brand Ambassadors
One of the strongest branding assets your company has is your people. You will definitely miss out a lot if you choose to ignore inspiring your employees. A report revealed that about 41% of consumers believe that employees are the most credible source of information about a certain business.
Employers like you should build a program that will help employees grow both in a personal and professional aspect of the life. To be able to create effective brand ambassadors through your employees, you need to let them engaged and connect with the corporate brand. Start by creating an employee’s empowerment program that promotes their growth and self-discovery.
Here are some ways you can prioritize your employees without compromising other business processes:-
- Set A Positive Company Culture.
- Encourage Accountability.
- Recognize Accomplishments.
- Build A Career Development Program
Also, it is important that you give your employees a glimpse of your brand awareness campaign. The way your employees project your company to outsiders can challenge your PR and marketing efforts. So make sure your “backstage” employees know your brand awareness efforts. Also, make sure they have a positive impression about your company to make them an effective brand ambassador.
Creativity Starts With Them
Regardless of the industry, creativity is an integral part where productivity and innovation starts. If you want to have a team of highly-producing employees, you need to inspire them to unleash their creativity. Specifically, when you know how to empower your people, it is easier for them to reach the peak of their creativity. Employees tend to be more creative in an environment that promotes freedom. So it’s ok to let loose for sometime.
Here are some ways to help your employees relax, let loose and let creativity take its peak.
- Once or twice a month, drop the dress code and allow your employees to wear the kind of clothes they want. Or like the Virgin Group, you could permanently allow all employees to wear any clothing which they think could help them be productive provided it is not offensive and disrespectful to others.
- You can organize a weekly game night. A Canada-based digital marketing company has been doing that to allow their employees to relax and let loose after a week full of hard work and stress.
- You can also allow flexible working schedules. This will help your employees find a comfortable time working. Employees can take turns on who will have a flexible work schedule on that certain day or days of the month.
Different types of workers may deal with the stress of the workplace in different ways. You can create your own employee program which you think can improve employees’ productivity and enthusiasm at work.
Harmonious Flow Of Organizational Structure
A messed up organization because of poor employee’s development is something that most employers misunderstood. For some, they tend to blame the marketing campaign without looking at this area.
What you did not know is that companies that ignore employees’ development programs will likely to suffer from the following issues:
- Increased absenteeism and employee’s turnover.
- Low morale.
- Indifference in workplace and customers relations.
These could lead to decline in sales and reduce the productivity of other fundamental aspects of business.
If you wish to build a strong teamwork between employees, eliminate the negative culture inside your office and minimize conflicts. Create a program such as series of trainings, team-building and management and leadership courses that could help them work together and more productive.
Through these programs, you can build corporate initiatives, good communication skills, management skills and career empowerment that are essential in achieving business objectives.
Here are some common organizational concerns which can be minimized or eliminated by incorporating employee’s empowerment program.
- Poor Communication. Through team-building and camaraderie programs, employees, especially new ones, will be comfortable in communicating with colleagues and superior. It will be much easier for you to keep them up-to-date with relevant information about projects and their tasks.
- Personality Differences. Different kinds of people came from different kinds of backgrounds and have different experiences. This shaped their respective personalities. Oftentimes, workplace conflicts happen because of the clash of different personalities. Management and leadership trainings will lessen conflicts due to personality differences. Your employee will have knowledge of the right words to use, the timing and the tone of voices when relaying information and commands from executives and superiors.
- Unhealthy Competition. Competition inside the workplace can bring positive results. But when it already resulted to sabotaging others and insulting one another, it is no longer healthy. This culture needs to be abolished. Personality and career coaching will help them minimize the negative workplace values that can mess up your organization. It allows competition that drives success not individually but the success of the organization as a whole. Thus, your employees are not pulling each other down but pulling each other up instead.
Your employees are an integral foundation of your business. Nurturing them while they are in your organization can help you build a good employer-employee relationship which can help in your business processes.
Encourage employee’s empowerment in your business by providing your people with a space to grow and prosper. When your people are happy working in your organization, it creates ripples through customer relations, task-handling, decision-making, problem-solving and sales generation. This, as a whole, can bring improvement to your business.
So start helping your employees fit in and grow in your organization and get a step closer towards your business campaign success.
Key Acanto is a writer and editor of scoopfed.com. She has written several articles about business and marketing and she wish to write more to share her knowledge about related topics. Aside from business, she is also enjoys writing health and lifestyle topics. You can stay connected to her through her LinkedIn account.Read Full Bio