TweakYourBiz TV Exclusive Interview With Lucy Masterson Of Hireland
Think differently, act differently! This is the core message of Hireland, an initiative to get Ireland working again – one job at a time. The aim is to get employers to change their perception of hiring someone from being an overhead to being a resource for their company.
Hireland was launched in January 2012 and has already received more than 4,000 job pledges, half of which have been honoured.
- That’s 2,000 people hired as a result of this initiative in just four months!
- In addition, it’s just been announced that Hireland has received funding from the Arthur Guinness Fund for social entrepreneurs.
Lucy Masterson is a renowned marketing consultant who gave up her job to ensure that many other Irish people find employment. She founded Hireland at the kitchen table with Michael Killeen of Dialogue Marketing.
It’s grown exponentially since then and she’s just back from the United States, where she inspired many groups with the innovation and success of Hireland. In this exclusive interview:
- Lucy talks to me about her plans for the future of Hireland,
- The BBC’s interest in the initiative and its potential to be rolled out internationally.
- She also talks about her involvement with Cindy Gallop and If We Ran The World…and answers the question “Are you a little bit crazy?”
I’m very grateful to Lucy for such an insightful and personal interview. Please support Hireland in every way you can, for example by pledging to hire someone this year or by telling everyone you know about it. You never know who might be in a position to hire!