Five Key Elements Of A Successful Mobile Marketing Campaign
In a world gone mobile less is more. “Think big” is being replaced by “think small”. Businesses need to remember the very nature of a mobile device when planning their mobile marketing campaigns in order to reach their market successfully. Let’s look at five key elements of a successful mobile marketing campaign.
- The very nature of a mobile device requires the quick and focused delivery of content. Mobile content is usually consumed whilst on the go. The reader may be waiting in line or at a bus stop with time only for reading or watching snippets of content. To get your message across your content needs to be easy to read, quick to read and the message or call to action very clear.
- Mobile marketing campaigns need to engage readers on a more personal basis since a mobile phone is very personal to the individual. The device goes with the owner wherever they go alongside their keys and their wallet. Companies need to be invited in. Successful mobile marketing is not mass marketing like TV ads but more of a personal marketing nature. Businesses need to develop compelling personal messages rather than the sales pitches designed for broadcast to the masses. Get it wrong and the consumer will let you know.
- Think time and location. Mobile marketing enables highly-targeted and relevant marketing messages to be sent only to those who have opted-in to receive the messages. Get your messages right and you’ll have a high response rate since you’re reaching your target audience. What is now termed momentary marketing provides the marketer with the ability, for example, to price match competitors through mobile offers while they have the customer on the premises. Restaurants, faced with a slow night can target customers in the area with a great offer if they dine with them that day.
- Successful mobile marketing campaigns provide customers with a great shopping experience. For example, Starbucks allows users to customise drinks on their mobile store. There are a wealth of apps that are designed to provide an enhanced shopping experience. On mobile websites the addition of tap to call and tap to email gives consumers the convenience of contacting the company directly and quickly which is known to increase conversion rates.
- By using a variety of platforms within a mobile marketing campaign engagement increases as do conversion rates. Different platforms respond to the different needs of the mobile user. A successful campaign reaches consumers through video, mobile social, text message and video message platforms.
More people are accessing the Internet through their mobile devices than ever before. Business owners need to develop a mobile marketing strategy to continue to reach and expand their markets. The time to get into mobile is now. How are you going to respond?