10 of the MOST STUPID interview questions EVER….
I’ve had the pleasure and sometimes the misfortune of attending lots of interviews over the years. During this time, I’ve got to experience the interview process from both sides – as a potential candidate and as an interviewer. Something that grates with me is why so many downright silly interview questions continue to be asked even though they are clearly pointless & invariably just waste time?
Here are my 10 MOST STUPID interview questions & some tongue in cheek answers 🙂
#10: What do you want out of life?
– World peace, 2.5 kids, 3 holidays a year & a season ticket at Old Trafford.
#9: You are offered a better paid job by a competitor, would you take that job over this one?
#8: Why should we hire you?
– I’m dating the boss’s daughter and my sense of humor.
#7: What interests you about this company?
– Working with you and 10 mins less of a commute every day
#6: How would your last manager describe you?
– 6ft and needing to to lose a few pounds.
#5: Do you work well as part of a team?
– Yes of course well except on Mondays & Friday afternoons.
#4: If you were an animal what would you be?
– Mmm let me see now, mammal, omnivore, member of the primate family, smarter than a chimp & invented civilisation.
#3: Have you ever lied?
#2: What are your weaknesses?
– Workaholic, Jaffa cakes & a compulsion to answer silly questions.
#1: Where do you hope to see yourself in 5 years?
– In a mirror.
So come on people, there are hundreds of intelligent & probing questions, why then do we still need to waste time by asking these & other silly questions during interviews. Feel free to share any silly, ridicules or stupid questions that you have been asked when interviewed in the comments below.
Thank you for reading.