How to keep your employees happy and motivated
There is no doubt that the recent economic downturn has knocked our confidence. As a manager these are indeed challenging times.
Here are 5 tips to keep your staff happy and productive:
- Praise and recognise your staff – Remember these are indeed uncertain times for your employees and it is up to you to keep them motivated. Simple actions such as a “Well Done” and recognising them for working late or achieving a task will make them feel wanted in the office.
- Be Positive – There is a lot of doom and gloom out there, don’t bring it into your office. A positive demeanour is infectious and will lead to a happy more productive working environment.
- Keep your staff informed – Many employees out fear they may lose their job and Chinese whispers are spreading like wild fire in many offices. Don’t let this happen in your office and keep staff informed on what is going on and if necessary with a positive twist.
- Make work as fun as possible – Make a real effort to keep your staff happy. You could surprise you staff members with coffee and muffins on a Monday, reward good work with incentives and offer training to high achievers.
- Keep your promises – Never promise anything to any member of staff that you cannot commit to. You will quickly lose credibility with your staff if you don’t keep your word.
Did you like the post? Come on, leave a comment below!