Social Networking In Ireland Infographic
In May, Luke from Neworld blog brought together statistics on social networking usage in Ireland. It was from this information and a number of other sources that Connexia Ireland/UK decided to design what is probably the one of the first infographics for social networking in Ireland.
This social networking infographic demonstrates some interesting facts on social networking in Ireland and the trends that have developed across Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Linkedin and Foursquare.
Connexia’s infographic outlines some interesting data for consideration:
- The average Irish person spends “18 hours and 7 minutes online each month” (*Comscore).
- This in turn has resulted in an increase in Irish social network usage over the past two years which is up “8.1% since December 2009” (*Comscore).
- 385,000 Irish people have a Twitter account.
- However, this number is small in comparison to 1,942,980 people in Ireland using Facebook.
- Over 900 new Facebook profiles are set up daily in Ireland
- Youtube gets over 400 million views each month from Irish people.
- Ireland has the second highest penetration of Linkedin users in the world with over 472,687 Linkedin profiles.
The findings show a large increase in the number of people setting up and using social networking sites and in turn an increase in online usage in Ireland.
Are you one of the Irish people already using social networking sites or are you someone who has yet to partake? Either way, I’d love to hear your opinion in the comments below.
Thank you for reading,