2013 At Tweak Your Biz – Review Of A Super Blog
Tweak Your Biz has become an international super blog and business community. Over 100,000 businesses now visit every month and well over 500 contributors have written business articles for us. Earlier this year we celebrated our fourth year of growing the blog and community.
2013 At Tweak Your Biz
Top 10 Countries
The website attracts traffic from all over the world with all continents represented in our top 10 countries and cities.
Top 10 Cities
- New York
- Los Angeles
Top 10 Social Media
Social media has always been an important way for us to promote our content and our contributors. Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin are neck in neck in terms of sending us traffic. Our sister website: BizSugar also sends regular and good levels of traffic to Tweak Your Biz.
- Twitter (29K visits)
- Facebook (26K visits)
- LinkedIn (23K visits)
- BizSugar (16K visits)
- Reddit (12K visits)
- Disqus (4K visits)
- Google+ (4K visits)
- Pinterest (2K visits)
- StumbleUpon (2K visits)
- HootSuite (1K visits)
Tweak Your Biz Posts
We published a lot of great content during 2013 but some of our most popular posts date back to 2012, again proving that value of evergreen content. The undisputed queen of Tweak Your Biz has to be Elish Bul-Godley with a total of three posts in our yearly top 10.
Top 10 Posts of 2013
- 100 Guerilla Marketing Ideas: Grow Sales With Zero Budget – A collaborative monster post by Elish Bul-Godley and Neil Sisson that includes 100 low cost marketing ideas for both your online and offline activities (253K pageviews).
- 12 Ways To Improve Productivity At The Workplace – Neil Jones highlights 12 factors to help improve employee productivity in the workplace (195K pageviews).
- 10 Top Social Media Monitoring & Analytics Tools – Melissa O Connor lists 10 useful websites for social media monitoring and analytics (69K pageviews).
- 13 Innovative Event Ideas For Increasing Engagement -Discover Lost Lectures, Fishtanks And Speed Geeking – Elish Bul-Godley discusses how innovative event ideas and formats will encourage real world collaboration and conversation between you and your audience (47K pageviews).
- Why Wall Street Loves “The Art of War” – A 13 Point Plan To Mastering Business Strategy – Sun Tzu‘s “The Art of War” has been one of the texts cited regularly as a source of razor sharp strategic thinking for the Business world. Elish Bul-Godley invites you to discover the key elements in this priceless handbook on strategic and tactical thinking (38K pageviews).
- Management Styles – Theory X and Theory Y – Leadership has become the preferred method of empowering employees, clients, colleagues and peers. Elaine Rogers looks at what a few of the expert Theorists have researched over the last century and how relevant some of these explorations are today (34K pageviews).
- 10 Reasons Why Small Businesses Fail – Running a small business is an exciting venture that can lead to the financial freedom. But with great rewards come great risks, Jared Mumford looks at some of the reasons behind small business failure (31K pageviews).
- Recruitment – 10 Key Steps To Getting The Right Person, First Time! – Bad recruitment decisions are costly. Jackie Prendergast provides you with a ten step plan for getting the right person, first time (30K pageviews).
- Importance Of SWOT Analysis In Your Marketing Plan – When marketing your business, it’s the differentiators that matter. Nishadha Silva shows you how a SWOT analysis of you and your competitors will help to identify these differentiators (17K pageviews).
- Is Using Outlook As CRM Healthy For Your Business? – Many small businesses continue to use Outlook as their customer relationship management solution. Paul Anderson discussed both sides of the story to help readers find a better customer management solution for their business (16K pageviews).
Monthly Tops 10s
We now publish 40-60 articles a month here at Tweak Your Biz so appearing in the monthly top 10 was a nice achievement.
- Top 10 Tweak Your Biz Articles: January
- Top 10 Tweak Your Biz Articles: February
- Top 10 Tweak Your Biz Articles: March
- Top 10 Tweak Your Biz Articles: April
- Top 10 Tweak Your Biz Articles: May
- Top 10 Tweak Your Biz Articles: June
- Top 10 Tweak Your Biz Articles: July
- Top 10 Tweak Your Biz Articles: August
- Top 10 Tweak Your Biz Articles: September
- Top 10 Tweak Your Biz Articles: October
- Top 10 Tweak Your Biz Articles: November
- Top 10 Tweak Your Biz Articles: December
Back in September, we introduced #TYBspotlight which offered our readers and community the opportunity to get featured here at Tweak Your Biz:
- McWilliam Park Hotel Combines Local Service, Value & Online To Become The Best – In our very first #TYBspotlight, we talked with David Glynn who is responsible for Sales & Marketing at the McWilliam Park Hotel.
- Don’t Get Stuck Without It: Innovation Culture – Founder of Primed Associates: Andrew [Drew] Marshall helps his clients to build innovation-capable cultures and improve the return on their innovation investment.
- Lighting & Interiors Product Designer: Gráinne Lyons On Running Her Business – Gráinne Lyons is an up and coming furniture and lighting designer from Dublin, Ireland who creates contemporary and innovative interior products with a distinct interest in form and texture.
- The Amazing Life Of Dr. Emad Rahim: Genocide Survivor To Entrepreneur – For an introduction to Dr. Emad Rahim you’re not sure where to start – the Killing Fields of Cambodia, the dangers of growing up in Brooklyn, abusive step-father and dyslexia to name a few.
- 22 Priceless Ecommerce Tips From Entrepreneur Lawrence Parnis Of Craftbay.ie – Owner of Craftbay Marketplace; Lawrence Parnis revealed some essential e-commerce know-how and online selling tips.
- Mexican Honeymoon Inspires New Mum Ruth O’Reilly To Start PinatasPinatas.com – After spending time in Mexico while on Honeymoon, new Mum Ruth O’Reilly returned home to start PinatasPinatas.com
- MyKidsTime.ie Are Building A Viral B2C(2B) Facebook Community & Business – MyKidsTime.ie success on Facebook offers wonderful insights to other SMEs on how to use digital to grow business.
- Hoosh And The Age Of Intelligent Data: Interview With Jacob Hagemann – Jacob Hagemann is Founder of Hoosh who provide a competitive intelligence suite of products, created to deepen the performance of online businesses.
Tweak Your Biz TV
Perhaps it was a quieter year for Tweak Your Biz TV but there was still some great interviews with really interesting and inspiring business people.
- TweakYourBiz TV Exclusive Interview With Kingsley Aikins Of Diaspora Matters – A quarter of a billion dollars was raised for Ireland during Kingsley Aikins’ twenty one years with the Worldwide Ireland Funds.
- Tweak Your Biz TV Talks With Beatrice Whelan, Social Media & Content Specialist At Sage Ireland – Sage Social Media & Content Specialist: Beatrice Whelan discusses how small businesses and B2B’s can monitor and measure their social media strategy.
- Tweak Your Biz TV Talks To Chris Gordon About The Irish Export Cooperative – Chris Gordon is the founder of the Irish Export Cooperative. It was set up to reduce the cost of exports for Small Medium and Micro Enterprises in Ireland.
Tweak Your Biz Title Generator Tool
Everyone knows that an outstanding title can increase tweets, Facebook Likes, and visitor traffic by 50% or more. That’s why we created and launched the Tweak Your Biz Title generator tool during 2013 – It’s free and has been receiving rave reviews from the international blogging community:
- 5 Social Media Technology Tips To Grow Your Social Media Presence – RazorSocial.com
- 11 Amazing Tools For Generating Blog Topic Ideas – SEO.com
- How to Find 200+ Blog Headlines that Work… in a Single Click! – PostPlanner.com
- 45 Social Media Tools and Tips to Improve Your Marketing – SocialMediaExaminer.com
- 9 Simple Ways To Get People To Open Your Email – OpenForum.com
- 8 Smart Techniques for Improving Headlines – SBA.gov
Happy Christmas and best wishes for 2014.
Thanks for reading,
Connect with Tweak Your Biz:
Would you like to write for Tweak Your Biz?
An outstanding title can increase tweets, Facebook Likes, and visitor traffic by 50% or more. Generate great titles for your articles and blog posts with the Tweak Your Biz Title Generator.
Get Featured On Tweak Your Biz – #TYBspotlight