Social Entrepreneur Caroline Casey talks to Bloggertone TV
In 2004 the O2 Ability Awards were created to establish best practice for the employment and inclusion of people with disabilities within business. Through theAbility Awards and her growing network of over 100 Ability Businesses, Kanchi has changed the perception of disability. Having reached 20% of the Irish working population within three years, Caroline is now launching franchises in Spain – with other countries soon to follow.
Since setting up Kanchi, Caroline has received several high profile awards and engagements in recognition of her work, including:
- She was the first Irish person to be appointed a Young Global Leader of the World Economic Forum in 2006.
- Also in 2006 she also was awarded an honorary doctorate from NUI Ireland.
- She was the first Irish social entrepreneur to receive the Eisenhower Fellowship.
- In 2007, Caroline was invited back to the World Economic Forum in Davos, where she presented on a variety of issues relating to the area of disability.
- In 2010 she was invited to speak at the TedWomen conference in Washington DC
In this interview, Frank speaks to Caroline about making radical change in one’s life, on why it’s important to allow oneself to make mistakes and what she views as the ideal workplace.