Digitise the nation – call to action by the IIA
|May 17, 2010||to||May 21, 2010|
The Irish Internet Association is asking their members to share their ideas with the world to showcase their business’s skills and expertise during the upcoming the Digitise the Nation week. The Digitise the Nation campaign is to start on the week starting 17th May next. The campaign will run Monday to Friday with the following theme days:
- Monday 17th Business Productivity
- Tuesday 18th Connectivity
- Wednesday 19th Entrepreneurship
- Thursday 20th IIA 2020 Vision Conference and Net Visionary Awards
- Friday 21st The Consumer and Social Media
There will be themes throughout the week around which you can run activities, creating a forum for everyone to get involved in promoting web activities for the week. Each day’s themes will focus on a key area of the internet in Ireland, from business productivity to connectivity, from web entrepreneurship to social media and consumers.
The IIA is looking for you to come up with innovative ideas and exciting activities that you will run on each of the days. Video guides, top web tips, eBay auctions and Twitter events – what ideas do you have? Get your community involved.
In kicking off the campaign, Joan Mulvihill, CEO of the IIA said “This is an exciting opportunity for IIA members to collectively promote the Irish Internet Industry and thereby grow awareness and ultimately sales. The digital economy is the economy. We just need to bring everyone else online.”
So from right now email email@example.com to get your contribution compiled and profiled!
Some Ideas to get you started…..
- We want to create an online time capsule of online Ireland 2010. We would like you to upload videos to the dedicated IIA YouTube Channel and share your photos to Pix.ie
- Make your mum a star – show her how to create her own “Julie and Julia” style home cookery programme!
- Show your Dad how he can earn a DTN ‘merit badge/certificate’ by simply learning how to take a digital photo, upload it to his PC and tag and upload it to pix.ie.
- Run a clinic for your local business community on your area of expertise – SEO, Social Media?
- Run a Skype-athon in your community where people can drop in and learn how to skype their children and grandchildren living abroad?
- Get your local sports club tweeting